• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Parking brake Toy/60 question

tantoy

Thinking about a parking brake on my Dana 60 rear with disk brakes. Truck is 4runner with Toyota cases. I have had T case e brake on Toyota with mixed results. How about Elderodo disk brake calipers with built in e brake? Opinions?

Hi all,

The Cadillac Eldorado rear brake calipers are designed for activation by a floor mounted pedal. They seem to require a lot of force to adequately engage.

Experience with the Eldorado calipers on old Land Cruisers with under dash p-brake handles has been less than satisfactory. I have been considering looking into rear disc brake calipers with built-in p-brakes on other vehicles that might be decent/easy swaps.

Regards,

Alan

Similar experience.
The caddy calipers can be tough to activate. They can also be a bitch of a pain to get set up and adjusted to work, period.

Perhaps the newer generation of 3/4 or 1T with factory discs?
Likely won't be as cheap, but will be easier to find off-the-shelf parts I imagine.

FWIW, I'm going through the same thing.
I have one of high angle drivelines NP205 flanges, and hear good things about their transfer case mounted d-shaft brake. We shall see...

My mechanical rear line lock on the Sami works awesome...BUT it is still drum brake. I do know of 2 folks running a Mico-Lok mechanical line lock with rear discs (one TG setup, and one homebrew setup); BOTH work flawlessly and hold well...

Yep, did some more searching and most say hard to adjust/weak holding power. I will probably just go with another t-case brake. How about a t-case e brake like allpro or sky, and connecting it to a air brake pot (like on semi trucks). Mount the air pot on the frame where the existing cable would attach. No brake release if you got no air though. But you could get the cool air brake release sound:rb:?

Thinking about a parking brake on my Dana 60 rear with disk brakes. Truck is 4runner with Toyota cases. I have had T case e brake on Toyota with mixed results. How about Elderodo disk brake calipers with built in e brake? Opinions?

Just out of curiosity, what has been your mixed results on the t-case ebrake? I'm pondering WTF to do on my rig... YJ, 14 bolt with discs, Atlas II, etc...

I guess my idea at this point for something reliable, safe and hassle free would be the AA t-case brake setup for the Atlas, even though it's some $$$.

Just curious if your issues are specific to toy case e-brakes or problems with the idea of a t-case brake on the whole?

Why not a line lock of some kind? The only time I need a parking brake is when I'm gonna leave my rig idling, and I am not gonna leave it idling for long enough for the pressure to bleed off.

Nothing all that bad with t case brake. Just think is should have enough holding power (new out of box) that when i be stupid and try driving with the brake on I could feel it. Although with all the gearing of t cases I guess its a lot of torque. Line lock is addition to a t case brake sounds good.

Latest posts