• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pholmann

Will keep the family in our prayers. Patrick was a great guy and would have given anyone the shirt off his back. Rip buddy

I am still in shock. Been lost for words all day. Patrick was a great person and friend. My heart goes out to Lori and his family. We had a lot of good times wheeling and camping. He will be missed by many.

MAn I hate to hear this. I'd talked to him about motors and all that and he pm's me when I had to put daisy to sleep. This sucks. Never met him but he sounded like a stand up dude.

Re:

Never met in person, had some conversation through Hardline. Was really hoping to get a chance to meet him one day. Godspeed brother and prayers to the family.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

When I saw the title to this thread, I figured it was a "Call Out" since PHol had been quiet here lately. However my heart sank when I first read the words from Kel.

I've only known PHol since January of this year, but been fortunate to see him monthly at least, spent a few weekends with him around the campground fires, and talked weekly. If I only get one word to describe him it would have to be unique.

He was 100% genuine, had zero filter for any topic, and was loyal as they come. He would give the literal shirt off his back for a total stranger.

Hated to read about this and been in a daze since first finding out. I look back on the discussions and stories of the last few months and know I am fortunate to have had a good "Internet friend" and my thoughts are with the family and friends at this time and going forward.

Re:

I know I am going to **** this one up, but this is another example of Paterack. Please someone with a better recollection of the story fill in the gaps.

There was an incident where someone was trying to buy something...maybe craigslist. Anyhow, words came about and Patrick have his entire class of students the perps phone number and had them troll the asshole all day. Talk about taking it to the next level with vigilante justice. Two thumbs up from thus guy.

Like I said, someone else that remembers, please pipe up.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Been with Lori most of the day. It's been tough, but it's funny how this is a catalyst for 2 things-

1- Me, Blake, Patrick and a couple other friends have been tight for a long time. Our wives had a squabble over something, sides were chosen and they rarely talked, although the men stayed tight. Tonight all the women were there, like nothing happened. It's things like this that let you know, all that petty **** was just silly, too silly to lose time with a friend.

2- To me, family comes first. Now I have guilt from all the times Patrick would call and ask if I wanted to come to the garage and piddle, and it was always baseball this, hockey that, we have plans to eat dinner with another family that has kids for ours to play with... At least more than a few times I feel like I should have said, "Babe, go ahead and hang out with them, I told Patrick I'd be over later." We started our friendship as coworkers and neighbors, and as life went on, our lives sort of forked and I had kids, he started wheeling too far too often and I couldn't keep up, but I always loved him like a brother and should have treated it as such. I literally talked to him WAY more than any of my 4 real brothers.

My takeaway from this is don't take your FRIENDS for granted. The loss is just as tough as any relative.

Love you, brother. You will be missed.

Man, I hate to hear this, just talked with him last night, he was building my motor for my bouncer, great guy, damn I hate this!!!!

He was making it where he wouldn't have to pull me out for 7 hours after I broke at windrock, we talked daily about my motor and what route I was taking with my build.

Re:

There were only 2 different times I got to meet the man, the legend, the P-hole-man. First time I met him was briefly at AOP last fall, despite talking to him a bunch on here for years. He and Kel were wheeling a side trail and I was coming down the mountain in the Ranger with the wife and stepson. He was out of his buggy waiting on Kel to get up the obstacle, saw me coming and stopped me in the trail. Shook hands, chatted for a few minutes, and he had to get back in his buggy and go, as Kel had just made it up and was waiting on him. It was one of those convos with one of those guys you like bullshitting with that got cut real short with more left on the table to talk about. Fast forward a month or so to RBD 2016. We hung out a lot around camp that Saturday night and got to bullshit for quite a while, drink some beers, and enjoy the party. He was just one of those kinds of folks I enjoy bullshitting with. Good all around dude. Met his wife too, she is one of them that would give Alicia Andrews a run for her money in the wild white chick department Lol.

Anyways, I hate like hell that he is gone, over what I can only assume without knowing details, as something that could have been avoided. And I'm certainly no one to preach in that department, but it does make a man step back and think. It can happen quicker than you think. Always hits you harder when the good ones are taken too early. Much like JohnG, he had much more life to live.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Really hate to hear about this. Didn't get to ride with him only once, but remember meeting him first on 15 at windrock as I layed in the ditch fixing my truck. Shortly after driving around the corner Tony busted his tcase and back they came. When I met him for his buggy shakedown at windrock, we had a blast. Rode for a little bit, then ran into some FL hardliners. He also let me ride in his buggy, which was awesome considering I'd never been in one before.
570b125dbd891bc1318f71c84609ae67.jpg
170aaf17713d853ed2f07f5012b0c217.jpg

https://youtu.be/iiXYqKaDpKA

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've only got the chance to know patrick the last two years. I started a group text with him and someone else completely for my own benefit. From that text we each added a buddy except when "holms" added his buddy he said add this guy he is my brother. From that day the six of us have talked as a group at least once a day. I know it sounds like a bunch gossiping high school girls, but that group of guys were from different states and for some reason that text has lasted over a year. We have wheeled together, helped each other, gave each other advice and fellowship when needed. We joked that we were FIF. (Fake internet friends) but with patrick it was different.
He was 100% himself in text, in person, on the phone, around his wife... he was always himself. Never wavering in his actions. That is a rare traight these days. He never bragged however he was competive. He never talked bad about others however he could trash talk with the best of them. He was cool but very approachable. I don't have many "real friends" because of my lifestyle. He was one of them. Me and him clicked as he did with many others. I think he was easy to get along with because he was so real.
I've been driving all day and my thoughts are a little scrambled, as I am still trying to wrap my head around what has happened. The one thing I keep thinking about is we all knew Holms as the wheeler who CHM. But there was another side to him. The teacher, he taught an automotive class. I can't help but think about all the kids lives he touched with his calm, cool and collective approach to things mechanical. I'm saddened that there will be more kids coming up this year who won't get to experience his class. In this world we need more hands on people and the only way to get that is with hands on knowledgeable teachers like himself. Every now and then he couldn't help but brag on one of his students. He really did want them to succeed.
I don't know why I wrote all of this. Maybe it was for some of his loved ones to read, maybe it was to honor a good man, or maybe it's just a way for me to cope with what has happened. Either way please continue posting good and funny stories and memories you've had with Patrick. Let us celebrate his life.

We are not promised tomorrow...

miss you already friend. We had a good run at 20 yrs of knowing ya and I owe so much to you and everything you helped me through! I'll catch you on the flip side buddy love ya!

I never met him (or most of you others for that matter), but my heart goes out for people when they lose a good one! Prayers for all involved. May God give peace and comfort to all the hurting people who are grieving the loss of a true friend right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purged1978 said:
Man, I hate to hear this, just talked with him last night, he was building my motor for my bouncer, great guy, damn I hate this!!!!

He was making it where he wouldn't have to pull me out for 7 hours after I broke at windrock, we talked daily about my motor and what route I was taking with my build.

You are the one it took forever to get out? Me and my wife didn't get to windrock until late Friday night, apparently it was a hell of a recovery, but Patrick didn't leave you hanging, without question. It came a hell of a storm the next night, we sit under a pop up tent, it was so windy we had to lower it as low as it would go and hang on to it. I ain't going to lie, the lighting was so bad I wasn't crazy about holding on to the metal lol, Patrick said " I love a good storm" I was thinking we were crazy or :drinkers: or both hahaha. I wouldn't change it for nothing now. As another close friend rafter b2000 said I'm still in shock, can't believe it.

poolman said:
You are the one it took forever to get out? Me and my wife didn't get to windrock until late Friday night, apparently it was a hell of a recovery, but Patrick didn't leave you hanging, without question. It came a hell of a storm the next night, we sit under a pop up tent, it was so windy we had to lower it as low as it would go and hang on to it. I ain't going to lie, the lighting was so bad I wasn't crazy about holding on to the metal lol, Patrick said " I love a good storm" I was thinking we were crazy or :drinkers: or both hahaha. I wouldn't change it for nothing now. As another close friend rafter b2000 said I'm still in shock, can't believe it.

Yeah I'm the one, I was so shocked yesterday when I found out, he never left anyone behind

I work every Sunday and always use Sundays to catch up on Hardline while I am at work. Logged on yesterday morning early and everything seemed as normal. Had a hell of a day at work with the bad storms only to log on at the end of the day to see this thread. I was shocked to say the least. I never met Patrick nor ever talked to him directly. I have sent several people to him over the last several years to purchase motors. I have never heard a negative word about the guy and I am extremely disappointed that I will never have the pleasure to meet him. All the kind words in this thread make it even more disheartening. Gods Speed Kind Sir. I will be praying for his family. I made it a point to contact all my kids yesterday and hugged my wife a little longer when I got home from work.

Prayers for his wife and family. Keep people around her please! Don't assume she can handle it by herself. Another day is certainly not promised. Call your buddies, squash any quarrels, if there's any business outstanding take care of it. Talking about the group text thing, a few buddies and myself started one at RBD 2015 to share the event and have kept it going since. Five states represented: Maryland, New York, Tennessee, Georgia and Ohio. We text on this thing everyday keeping us all involved in our daily lives, when in reality we may have talked every month or two without it or even drifted apart.

One thing about it all we know there's a great trail ride awaiting above.

I opened Facebook this morning and say something I couldn't believe, then I come on here and read in dis-belief... I only really "met" him on the hardline Choc ride in June but spent all day hanging out with him on the trail and after we broke, at his RV. He was one of the most genuine men I have ever got to know. He had ZERO filter and I really got along well with him. He took Abigail (my daughter) out in the buggy later that evening and him and his buggy is ALL she ever talks about now. Im going to have a hard time with this myself but its going to devastate her!
Thoughts go out to his family, let us know when the funeral is, we would like to pay respects.
81a4ebcba419d86c2f85572e840dfe8f.jpg