Jeepster1

Some pics from this afternoon....
DSC_3341.jpg

DSC_3357.jpg

DSC_3461.jpg

DSC_3443.jpg

DSC_3369.jpg

Jeepster said:
Mike...absolutely. According to SCSD it is open and part of the ORV area.

No--it is not open--the end of the trail is state park land. But thats going to be fixed here soon....

By fixed, do you mean it will be re-opened? In my last conversation with a certain Rubicon-driving Sherriff, he said I was free to drive to the end of the trail.

On the flip side, by fixed do you mean permanently closed?

Jeepster said:
By fixed, do you mean it will be re-opened? In my last conversation with a certain Rubicon-driving Sherriff, he said I was free to drive to the end of the trail.

On the flip side, by fixed do you mean permanently closed?

Shawn with the state parks has been in contact with both danny and the DNR. DNR has granted permision to do what ever is needed along with state parks. I have spent alot of my own hours to resolve this and for us users to "NOT" loose any more ground. Matters will be taken to protect "state parks proprty" danny is not the land owners...

stay tuned for a weekend long work party next month (State parks has material sitting and waiting for me)...

Well, I hope they can come to a permanent resolution one way or the other on this one. If I went 150 yards further than I was supposed to based on bad info, I apologize. Hey, at least we took the time to pick up the beer cans and bottles left by the last jerks.

Jeepster said:
Well, I hope they can come to a permanent resolution one way or the other on this one. If I went 150 yards further than I was supposed to based on bad info, I apologize. Hey, at least we took the time to pick up the beer cans and bottles left by the last jerks.

Thanks chris. The trail will be closing right at the last corner (where the sloped lil rock face is) aposed to where they origionally wanted it closed--It took a lil work for me to get them to go that far. So we will be able to park very close and search and rescue will be able to get very close also.

So if you can just help out and make sure the word is spread that would be great chris.

BTW---you scratched your rig :D

Comet said:
So are all the signs saying the trail is closed gone now?

I am going to call shawn at state parks today and see if he has been up there as of late.I was going to head up but had to get home to make the wife happy. :D

Notmatt went up there and hopefully he saw something..

Also he is going to issue tickets to those who are driving on there land (as the law states there is no motorized OHV use on state park lands)

crash said:
I am going to call shawn at state parks today and see if he has been up there as of late.I was going to head up but had to get home to make the wife happy. :D

Notmatt went up there and hopefully he saw something..

Also he is going to issue tickets to those who are driving on there land (as the law states there is no motorized OHV use on state park lands)

The signs are still there... but in the condition they've been in for a while.. half of the "no motorcycles" or "no motorized vehicles" sign is ripped off, and the marker against the tree has none of the decals that used to be on it that show jeeps/trucks/quads/bikes are prohibited. It's barely visible against the trees by me when I'm looking for it, when someone's NOT looking, I'm not surprised they don't see it.

The good news is that when we were up there, some quads came blasting through past us, then stopped and turned around and actually asked one of the people in our group where they were supposed to stop. :;

So Mike, my understanding is that it will be gated/roped off after the 2nd rock obstacle on the way up to the lookout, does this mean they will be removing the signs back at where we normally stop and allowing vehicles right up to the blockade?

Yes that is correct mat. We will be able to go right to the conrer where I will be placing the poles....

We didn't see any of the signs up there, other than the "Don't throw stuff over the edge" sign. If they are there, they are not very visible.

Crash: You really NEED to post a detailed map of what is on / off limits up there. For example, I know Lake Isabel is a DOT sanctioned sea-plane air strip...how far up can we go up there? Is the end of the trail DNR, Parks or DOT?