• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pics of your shops/garages/specs

What the wife and I have been referring to as "Trump's Wall" got put up today. Making shops great again.

7e2fe4cb3d3501efab1913a18cbb8f54.jpg

5fd0ac06041c7e769c49462df5ee2690.jpg

a1956ef3c23c9d19e1d50ecdf047792b.jpg

2732ca5944cbb3a415c1cc9ad086562f.jpg

2cea3c0391673be4d45ea77a5d9d5728.jpg

349bc5462520e136f2c545c01c91d1f5.jpg

83e7b18ed745965ab6f99c65bbfc5df9.jpg

34867f33c75290cb1a03b59b8d68ebae.jpg

043ea5118fa471d579b61736fe288b22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Pics of your shops/garages/specs

ridered3 said:
His side/her side or working area vs storage area if I remember correctly.
That is correct. And leaving gaps at each end was much cheaper than installing doors. She has a bunch of her dad's old things that she wants to keep, and has some stuff that's been in a storage unit that she is going to move into there too.

So roughly 10x36 for her and 30x36 for me.

TacomaJD said:
That is correct. And leaving gaps at each end was much cheaper than installing doors. She has a bunch of her dad's old things that she wants to keep, and has some stuff that's been in a storage unit that she is going to move into there too.

So roughly 10x36 for her and 30x36 for me.

I was thinking maybe you were going to build some living quarters for some of those nights where you wanted some time to reflect on what it was like to own a crawler. :flipoff1:

ADMINISTRATOR

Re:

Lol my living quarters may consist of one too many beers and sleeping on the pool table on my side...waitin on fawker to wire it, wish he would hurry up, he is holding up my progress. I need to start moving **** and clear out my old shop for the tenants. Told em I would have it cleared out by July, then they get the keys to the shop there and rent goes up. Lol

Between rainy winter and every other delay under the sun, it's took 7 fawking months to get this far. I was ready to build it in November...never expected it would be damn summer before it was ready to go.

Before you fill it full of ****, you should check on painting the floor or some concrete stain, makes it look good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

zukimaster said:
Before you fill it full of ****, you should check on painting the floor or some concrete stain, makes it look good.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What Chad said. But make sure you buy some good quality stuff. Some of the cheaper stuff will still get jacked up by gasoline, trans fluid, etc.

Re:

Meh, I don't care one bit what the floor looks like in there. It's a shop, not a dining room. Lol

Lights are bright. These are just the two 150w high bays with all the doors closed. Electrician hasn't finished all the wiring yet. Has most done, just gotta button up a few things and finish hanging the other lights. Hopefully be done and ready to start moving **** in this week.

2f623a745fdc48cc9f0b8dacda313fb3.jpg

692fab720c93b9ba56c63b6cd0d7312b.jpg

4aa0a44902b02c4f907be76c37cf0614.jpg

I knew a guy that had a tractor one time, the bucket with a wife in a good mood in the drivers seat makes short work of wiring overhead lights and such.

But that tractors gone now . . . . shame

LightBnDr said:
I knew a guy that had a tractor one time, the bucket with a wife in a good mood in the drivers seat makes short work of wiring overhead lights and such.

But that tractors gone now . . . . shame
That tractor was a pile of **** and would not go half the time, no way I would have trusted it to do work like that. But mainly, I don't have time to wire it myself even if I had the know-how. I know basic running circuits but am not comfortable building a new service. I am busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking competition...ha. I'm to the point of having more money than time and that doesn't necessarily mean I have a lot of money, I just have no time Lol. When it gets done, Im probably gonna have to take off a day or two from work to move everything from our garage and my old shop to the new shop. I dread that. I hate moving ****.

As for the wiring job, I took care of digging the trench for my electrician buddy to get started. He doesn't do this full time, but is considering doing so. So as of now, he works cheaper than everybody else and is doing a killer job. 100 amp service, 3 220v outlets in back wall, 8 or 9 110v outlets in walls, 2 110v outlets in divider wall, and 6 110v outlets in the ceiling for lights and garage door openers. I suspect total labor and materials to be around $1000-1200. I let him work when he wants. He might work 4 hours one evening, then a day or two later work 3 or 4 hours in the morning. He is a teacher and family owns a farm he works on all the time, and he does side jobs like this all the time. His dad owns the oldest hardware store in town so he gets materials cheap too.

7f9c343f338abaf030e6a8b369dd1f8a.jpg

394baedff90d0aa9da54ec1598771be5.jpg

Re:

I do know one thing, I'm ready to see how bright the 100w high bays are, bc the 150w are bright as ****. Probably could have just got 4 100w lights and been fine. Or what I should have done was probably just use about 6 of those 4ft leds like I got for the wife's side. For 4 of em for $95.

Yes they're dimmable he's just bein a verbal cheap ass

Hey the shops turning out nice. I woulda driven a couple hours to get that tractor in a heartbeat.

You just wouldn't meet me driving 7hrs on your end. Lol

Electrician just sent me this pic of all 4 up. Two 100w are on the right and two 150w are on left.

3275b00bec041e164598820b15ad0975.jpg

B.DRAKE said:
Looking good JD! Is that just normal tin on the insides? Or acoustic (perforated)?
Normal tin I guess, nothing perforated. But it's not rated for outside weather use like the tin on the outside according to the builder. Not really sure on the differences, he just said it was different (much cheaper) than the metal used on the outside when I asked if there were color options for the liner panels. Probably just thinner gauge, idk.

TacomaJD said:
Normal tin I guess, nothing perforated. But it's not rated for outside weather use like the tin on the outside according to the builder. Not really sure on the differences, he just said it was different (much cheaper) than the metal used on the outside when I asked if there were color options for the liner panels. Probably just thinner gauge, idk.

I gotcha I perforated tin is just for sound deadening basically. I was just wondering how bad it was as far as with the doors down with echo and all because I am about to do something on the inside of my shop, and had thought about doing half tin and half wood of some sort to kill the noise a little bit of it ain't bad I may just do like you did.