• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pirate infected?

patooyee

Anyone know anything about this?

pirateinfected.jpg

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 1849 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 9 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-10-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-10-14.
Malicious software includes 4 exploit(s), 1 trojan(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 2 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 5 domain(s), including glenlake.ca/, sssfc.com/, jiwaxesafyzi.net/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including unorthodoxsolutions.net/, grangerscampingworld.com.au/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS36351 (SOFTLAYER).

I realize that Pirate can have some idiots on it (Hardline doesn't have ANY, right?) but do ya'll realize how you sound like little bitches sitting here and complaining about it in all these threads where you think no one from Pirate is going to see? I've met people from here in real life who won't go on Pirate to find a solution to a real-world problem. They would rather waste money and time chasing their tail than go on Pirate where there is a thread with a 5-minute 100% effective fix. I've literally had this conversation with people:

People: I've got this problem, had it for years, don't know why.
Me: Search on Pirate. I saw a thread where someone had that same problem and fixed it with ease.
People: Oh, I don't go on Pirate.

That is sofa king dumb. No one says you have to participate. Just use it as the tool it is and prosper. Don't expect daisies and roses and if you ain't got nuthin' good to say, don't say nuthin'. It didn't become what it is because it sucks. Is it what it used to be? No. Is what it used to be still archived there? Yes. People waste so much time in Gen Chit Chat. For what? Why? Gen 4x4 and some more niche sections that apply to you is all you need. Chit Chat is a waste of life. If you spend any time there and make that your general impression of Pirate its no wonder that you gain nothing from it.

It seems like hating on Pirate has become the cool thing to do recently. (Ironic since it is their hating that supposedly started it.) But to me, hating on Pirate is akin to hating on the encyclopedia, or hating knowledge or something. Yes, where there is honey there is bees. But THERE'S A BIG POT O' FREAKING HONEY AND ONLY PUSSIES ARE SCARED OF BEES!!!

patooyee said:
I realize that Pirate can have some idiots on it (Hardline doesn't have ANY, right?) but do ya'll realize how you sound like little bitches sitting here and complaining about it in all these threads where you think no one from Pirate is going to see? I've met people from here in real life who won't go on Pirate to find a solution to a real-world problem. They would rather waste money and time chasing their tail than go on Pirate where there is a thread with a 5-minute 100% effective fix. I've literally had this conversation with people:

People: I've got this problem, had it for years, don't know why.
Me: Search on Pirate. I saw a thread where someone had that same problem and fixed it with ease.
People: Oh, I don't go on Pirate.

That is sofa king dumb. No one says you have to participate. Just use it as the tool it is and prosper. Don't expect daisies and roses and if you ain't got nuthin' good to say, don't say nuthin'. It didn't become what it is because it sucks. Is it what it used to be? No. Is what it used to be still archived there? Yes. People waste so much time in Gen Chit Chat. For what? Why? Gen 4x4 and some more niche sections that apply to you is all you need. Chit Chat is a waste of life. If you spend any time there and make that your general impression of Pirate its no wonder that you gain nothing from it.

It seems like hating on Pirate has become the cool thing to do recently. (Ironic since it is their hating that supposedly started it.) But to me, hating on Pirate is akin to hating on the encyclopedia, or hating knowledge or something. Yes, where there is honey there is bees. But THERE'S A BIG POT O' FREAKING HONEY AND ONLY PUSSIES ARE SCARED OF BEES!!!

Shouldn't you be on the Android forum throwing the root to your Razr? :flipoff1:

:drinkers:

TacomaJD said:
Shouldn't you be on the Android forum throwing the root to your Razr? :flipoff1:

:drinkers:

I managed to semi-brick the phone and had to do a master reset to get it back. :****: I guess I am not ready for the root at this time. :)

Good news is that it is acting way faster now, so maybe all it originally needed was a good fresh wipe. So problem solved.

patooyee said:
I managed to semi-brick the phone and had to do a master reset to get it back. :****: I guess I am not ready for the root at this time. :)

Good news is that it is acting way faster now, so maybe all it originally needed was a good fresh wipe. So problem solved.

Factory reset usually does wonders, it's just hard for me to break down and do it because then I have to reorganize everything the way I had it.

TacomaJD said:
Factory reset usually does wonders, it's just hard for me to break down and do it because then I have to reorganize everything the way I had it.

Its bullshit. You could restore absolutely everything in one foul swoop with Titanium backup but you have to be rooted.

Re: Re: Re: Pirate infected?

l looked on Pirate and could not find out why my Jeep can't make it out of the shop.

patooyee said:

That is the first time I have ever heard you say your not ready for "the root"

Re: Re: Re: Pirate infected?

nwflyj said:
l looked on Pirate and could not find out why my Jeep can't make it out of the shop.

That is the first time I have ever heard you say your not ready for "the root"

Maybe the root is the source of the infection???

Re:

I agree the tech available at Pirate is priceless. With few exceptions, someone else has been there and quiet a few have the tee shirt.

I don't think anyone is denying that Pirate is a great resource, but you can't get legit answers there by asking, you get lambasted with asshattery. If you want to comb the threads for info it's all good, but sometimes you need the advice of the human element to which there isn't much available.

Metal Head said:
I don't think anyone is denying that Pirate is a great resource, but you can't get legit answers there by asking, you get lambasted with asshattery. If you want to comb the threads for info it's all good, but sometimes you need the advice of the human element to which there isn't much available.

Well said.

Metal Head said:
you can't get legit answers there by asking, you get lambasted with asshattery.

That's not true, the one golden rule you have to follow on pirate is to search before you ask a question. if you post up on there with a question that has been answered a million times then people will crucify you on there. You have to keep posting and build up some cred to be taken seriously there i think, just like any forum. There are LOTS of really smart and helpful folks on there who will try to help you when you really need it you really can't beat the knowledge that is on there, you just have to be a little thick skinned and ignore the few idiots who try to ruin every thread. Pirate was the first forum i ever joined so i guess i just kinda got used to the way it is there but overall i love it, you can't beat the knowlege and info that is there. I hate chit-chat with a passion though- fawk that b.s.

Latest posts