• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

pit bikes

cisco

What is the attraction of taking a 50cc motorcycle and adding 1000's dollars in aftermarket parts versus just riding a stock 100?

it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt....

Then it's hilarious :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

there just like a toyota ... there cheap, then you dump a whole lotta money into it trying to make it better and its still a pile O crap

My Bad :haha: :haha: :haha:

I have a Honda CRF50 and so does my girlfriend. They only weigh about 100lbs each, two can fit in the back of our Rubicon unlimited, my Tacoma-with a canopy, or our old Samurai. If you crash, you are real close to the ground, so it doesnt hurt. And our dogs can keep up with them. And they are easy to work on. Stock 50s have auto clutches, so they are easy to ride. They dont take up much room in the garage. When I ride through town on the sidewalks, people look and laugh, not call the cops. And they go along way on 1 gal. of gas.

Its the same reason why people build racing bar stools and lawn mowers. Its something else to tinker with and its lots of power in a little package. Kinda like a sami with a small block. I have crf50 with lots of money and custom work in it, but the fact is they're a ton of fun on a slow Friday night when you get a few bikes together a have a supermoto in the backyard.:redneck:

:cool: Thanks for the replys. Sounds like its basicly a fun toy but not really something to take out to the trails.

Trails are fun on 50s, I have been all over Evans Creek, Natchez Trail, and Elbe Hills. I have even rode the Busywild trail 3 times, the second time I did the whole trail in about 10min. My bike has a 115cc stroker motor, about 11hp.

:bananadance:

Or you can go to the top level of pitbike racing with a BBR Perimeter frame mini Factory bike. It really is like a mini CRF250. Pretty bad ass when you can be jumping over a fullsize dirtbike on a little kids bike with 10" wheels. The nationals in Las Vegas are a whole different world

Hmm, might be the perfect thing for all around goofing off on the trails and camping etc. What is a good one to get? I'll prob look for one that is already built to save money.

I know we run them around the pits because of the overall size, its alot easier to run around a tight pit area on a 50cc frame then a 100cc frame as they are usually alot bigger. Plus as was already mentioned the auto clutch is nice because when your carrying a tool bag in one hand and running the throttle in the other its hard to grab a clutch as well. :redneck:

That and after the race when we can start to drink, and we try to ride over to a different guys trailer and we eat ****, well its not a long fall so its more funny then painful. :haha:

I found a 99 xr70 for 100 bucks. The motor runs but a couple gears are stripped in the trans. Looks like I can fix it for 150 bucks in parts.

i have a ttr125 with full yz85 suspension and a 150 big bore. its still slow as a snail but just being able to pass spodes on 10,000$ bikes is a blast. plus i can man handle it like no other