• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pitman arm help

xjmarc

Wannabe Bouncer
Let me start by stating what I have. XJ with a full width D44. I'm currently running a zj pitman arm which is what most companies sell as a drop pitman arm for XJs. The problem is with the extra width I have lost some turning radius. At full lock I've got 1/2" between the stops and knuckles. Anyone know of a pitman arm that's a wee bit longer that would work?

Re:

I used to run a arm off of a F100 on the same setup, but the measurement from center of ball joint to where your steering ties into your highsteer arm is important.

OK so here's some rough measurements. Drag link is 39 1/16" from pitman arm to knuckle and pitman arm is 5 1/2" hole to hole and is 4" from top to bottom. Here's a pic of an arm like what I'm running, this one didn't last and neither did the box. Measurements are center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole.

Attachments

• pitman arm.jpg
    pitman arm.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 89
Re:

mdo817 said:
I used to run a arm off of a F100 on the same setup, but the measurement from center of ball joint to where your steering ties into your highsteer arm is important.

Stock knuckle and it's 7 1/2".

8c0d5d87aed5739e480ceeead8a01fbc.jpg

This arm is about 7" from hole to hole, but only about 3" drop. I can ship it to you and see if it helps.

I've been reading that WJ arms are 6.5" but only 1.5" drop. What is that one out of and what do you want for it?

I've also heard Bronco/F150 arms from the late 70s for a 4" lift are the right amount of drop and around 6.5-7" on center.

Re: Re: Pitman arm help

xjmarc said:
I've also heard Bronco/F150 arms from the late 70s for a 4" lift are the right amount of drop and around 6.5-7" on center.
Pretty sure that is what mine is ^^^

I would rather just send it to you, make sure it's going to help. If so $25 or $30.