• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plans for wasting your tax return?

wannabe

It's that time of the year again! Guberment is gonna let me have a small percentage of my hard earned money back! Plan to waste atleast half and then be responsible with the other half. Lots of ammo and maybe a new gat.

How yall :JRich: spending your guberment check!?

I got back just a tiny amount this year... Just enough to take my old lady out for a real fancy dinner for Valentines Day and drink afterwards. I'm happy with that though. Can't wait to see all the amazing **** that some of you are going to buy with your tax return fortunes though! :woot:

Not getting back what I had initially thought due to the way school reported my scholarship... but, what I do get back is still going to supplies to finish my shop addition.

I'm hoping to get back a couple grand. I pay a lot in and claim a kid. Next year I get to claim two!!!!!

If yall REALLY wanna be FURIOUS ask somebody on food stamps who works minimum wage with 2 kids get back! ~10k!!!!

Somebody told me you end up paying more at the end of the year of you don't pay any all year? That True?

wannabe said:
Somebody told me you end up paying more at the end of the year of you don't pay any all year? That True?

With no other variables in your equation. ....yes. I owed 300 - something one year due to trying to break closer to 0. I had basically no taxes taken out all year.

We are able to alter our withholdings through work and I usually run the first half of the year claiming married and 10 kids (minimal withholdings). Then change it back to single and none around June. File Single and none on my tax return and usually get back about $200-300. But each week during those married and 10 months is about $100 extra each 40 hour week. When I work overtime, it can mean as much as $250+ extra. Just seems to have worked out better for me doing it like that than getting a lump at the end of the year.

When I went to college all 3 semesters in 2012 and claimed married and 10 half the year, I got back $2,400 because of the tuition and book reimbursements through work. I pay for the classes, then get reimbursed if I pass with satisfactory grades. They put the reimbursement money on my check and it gets taxed, so at the end of the year all that adds up to getting free education plus some. I'm about to start back to college too, only reason I stopped was because I thought I was about to change jobs and didn't want to pay back a year's worth of reimbursement (policy) when I left Siemens. But that job has not worked out like it was initially portrayed. Actually had an interview this morning for a front office job here at work, but I doubt I'll land it. More qualified folks than myself put in for it.

We claim single no kids and get a crap pot ton back at the end of the year. Why? I know I am letting the gov use my money for free and all that and I agree there are better places to put it to draw interest and blah blah blah, but at my home, money that comes in and doesn't go to our savings, donated or to a debt, gets spent. With 2 kids multiple different charities and places to donate money, I am willing to lose the 1.5% interest a savings account would offer to know I'm getting some money back. My family is good at spending money, we are also good at saving money, but an extra 100 bucks or 2 a week would just get lost in the sea. That being said, we will pay off my medical supplies (insulin pumps are expensive), buy some furniture and put the rest in the savings account for a new house......and maybe a SOA kit and 8.8 rear end for my wife's cheapo jeepo.

Some amp folding steps for my tow rig, some rock star simulators maybe, some bigger tires. Then put some tile floors down for mom, register my boat for the next couple years, put some money into retirement. Put a little money away and book a summer vacation for this year

You know, just little things

AdamF said:
Mortgage payment :(

This. And pay off a student loan, pay a car payment that the bank "forgot" to pay, and pay off one $300 credit card. Doing the Dave Ramsey "pay off the smallest bills" thing in hopes that we will have a little more expendable income. (Wheelin for me, vacation for her.)

tires bumpers and some front end rebuild on the tow goat. and hopefully some little odds and ends on the truggy

What the hell is a refund? I have to pay in to keep up all of Obama's kids up and the Guatemalans! Dam I hate them all!