• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Plasma cutters.

Bigred350

I've got a Esab handy plasma 550. The high frequency board went out and the repair shop is telling me they are having a hard time getting parts from esab. The part has been on order since the first of November.

Now I'm thinking about just getting a new machine. Welding shop recommends the miller spectrum 625 xtream.

Anyone else have any recommendations.

I have a old spectrum 2252, works great. Great use out tips and such, bastard will cut throught metal and your table like butter..

I got a miller 625 extreme I love it cuts great and very easy to use good tip life also one thing to keep in mind When I bought my Miller there was another Miller 625 that had the old-style torch on there and my local welding shop did not have any replacement consumables for that model with the old-style torch so make sure you get one that has the new version

The new "xtream" version, you can take the 200v plug off and swap it for a 120v plug for small jobs. I thought that was pretty cool to.

Im probably gonna get beat up on this BUT I purchased the Northern 675 with a 4 year warr for just over 400 bucks and have been IMPRESSED With this small unit!!! I have cut 1/2 brackets off of my Rockwells Like cutting butter!!! They say if it screws up in 4 yrs bring it back in a bag like it was run over for free replacement???? :****:

I had a board go out on my Miller 625. AirGas gave it back as not repairable as the board was more than the machine. I love Miller welders, but never again on a plasma. Go with a Hypertherm, plasmas is all they do. I found it online and my local AirGas met the price. They also allowed me to turn all my old consumables for the Hypertherm ones. Look at the Torchmate forum on Pirate, There is a lot of posts about the Miller and Hypertherm.

Hypertherm 30 had it about 4 years. I've cut 1/2 many times. I would buy another or go larger if I had the money

Hypertherm. My old as dirt powermax1100 will still cut 1" like the day it left the factory. I can only imagine how nice the new versions are.

I've had a Miller 625 Extreme for about three years. Has worked flawless so far doing a lot of cutting.

I have a miller 625 Its nice but i got a deal on it. If it dies I plan to go with hypertherm like the others.

Hypertherm invented plasma cutters and I have 2 that work great going on about 8 years now.

To all you guys that have a Miller 625. I will sell mine that needs a board for $200OBO. Would give you a lot of spare parts including the torch. The mail board is bad and I bought one off eBay and it did not fix it.

We never had a problem with our old Cutmaster 51and when it came time to upgrade we looked at Hypertherm but chose the Cutmaster 152 instead. Not having to buy a new machine torch and the fact that the Thermal Dynamics was $2K cheaper than the Hypertherm were the deciding factors.
Been cutting 1/2" @ 55 ipm and cut some 1 1/4" thick just a couple of days ago. I've got nothing bad to say about TD. Torchmate on the other hand........

1212140952a.jpg

1123141409.jpg

I've got a Thermal Dynamics Pakmaster and its lived through everything we've thrown at. Hypertherm has excellent customer service. Its not hard to get in touch with Ole Jim on most BB's. Now with that being said I've never needed to get in touch with TD's customer service, if that say's anything.

I've used several Millers. It seems to be hit or miss. Most were abused before I ever picked up the torch.