• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Please f#cking help

L

lowbudgetjunk

No names chunked under the bus, but Stony Lonesome just ran a bulldozer down Who's Your Daddy and made it into a ****ing steep dirt road.

Please someone go tear it up in the next few days and get some of the dirt and rock moved. I cannot help RZRs flipping down hills. Driver error is not my fault, but ruining a perfectly good hill because people are to stupid and keep hitting it is an outrage.

Words can't describe how freaking pissed I am.

Re:

Razrs shouldn't be allowed in off road parks anyway. In the way and bitch about not being able to make a hill

Razrs should only be allowed in the camping areas and very very mild sh*t, not on the trails... That's what built rigs are for.

lowbudgetjunk said:
No names chunked under the bus, but Stony Lonesome just ran a bulldozer down Who's Your Daddy and made it into a ****ing steep dirt road.

Please someone go tear it up in the next few days and get some of the dirt and rock moved. I cannot help RZRs flipping down hills. Driver error is not my fault, but ruining a perfectly good hill because people are to stupid and keep hitting it is an outrage.

Words can't describe how freaking pissed I am.
They do it every couple of months it'll be back to normal before you know it thumb.gif

Give me a break! Everyone in the world watches the crazy mofos, many on this forum, go up the same **** that the bouncers do in their rzr's. WTF wouldn't they think they can, too?

Crazy people do crazy **** then complain when other crazy people do it too? That's got to be the definition of crazy right there.

I don't care about who rides what.....I do care that this, to become epic, hill cannot be enjoyed because they keep bulldozing it. I have seen 3 RZRs and 1 Can Am yardsaled on that hill. Last time out, no full size made it to the top. That's what pisses me off. I could take a Honda civic up it now......and that's not a joke. I would need some go fast stickers and a motorcycle exhaust and a civic, but it would make it to the top now.

This is the equivalent, for me, of smoothing and paving Cable Hill. Would anyone be pissed if they just paved the roughest sections at AOP, Superlift or Harlan, Choccolocco, et cetera?

HIGHCOMPRESSION said:
Razrs should only be allowed in the camping areas and very very mild sh*t, not on the trails... That's what built rigs are for.
Well said! everytime I go ride you have to wait for them tards to move so you can continue a trail.

We all know Stoney's bread and butter is catering to the sxs crowd (the mustang in the high school parking lot equivalent of the offroad world). But, Stoney is, or was, about to pull it's two biggest rock crawling crowds EVER. They need to decide now what direction they are heading. The next Wilborns or the next HARLAN... it's up to them

smurfy90 said:
Well said! everytime I go ride you have to wait for them tards to move so you can continue a trail.
You don't buy a go cart and expect to run nascar. Don't buy a damn razor and expect to climb the same **** as a buggy. Usually not gonna happen till you drop another 20 grand in it. Too many people watching you tube videos that don't have any frigin drivin skills thinking because they dropped 15/20 grand in something they can make it up **** they have no business being on.

It's not just one RZR....it is a majority of them that do complain. I am not anti RZR. They definitely pay the bills and my buddies ride them too. Hell, I tool around with them in the RZRs when we do trail maintenance and when my junk is down.

This isn't a RZR bashing contest, I promise. This is a plea for anyone on this forum to go and tear the **** out of that trail. I want people to make it a point to show them that the full sized rigs want stuff like this hill to be unmolested by the blades of a bulldozer and for enough full sized support that will give us a say in what gets bulldozed or not.

I guarantee if they had a bunch of the Tennessee boys hammering down that trail on Youtube, with people showing up to get a piece of it, this would be a nonissue.

I truly do not understand the logic of this unless the dozing order came from the county in the name of (safety).
The park is a wonderful place with TONS of potential on top of some already great trails.

If I complain that I got stuck in the mud pit. Would the appropriate action be to fill it in? I would hope they would tell me to have a coke and a smile and shut the .... up.

That is extremely disappointing the park would do that and the opposite of what the owners were telling us about its future. That was obviously a named climb not a former road that got worse. When we were there last weekend a rzr went up it before I took my jeep up. Thought he was asking for a life flight visit. Everyone was cheering for him and saying he was nuts so obviously it has been a nasty climb. The natural hill seemed to just be getting good. I had to hit it a few times to get up. Was looking forward to it getting a little more rock exposed. The whole park has tons of non extreme hills for those rzr owners that have poor judgment and complain. Destroying a good hill means one less reason to bring a rig.

I don't know where it came down from, just know it takes some of the wind out of my sails. I have spent the last six months of my life living and breathing this place....promoting events and cutting trails. All I ask is to just let the trails evolve. I understand if there are mud ruts that make a trail impossible for anyone. But when it gets down to rock, just let it naturally progress. It makes me not even want to go down to that part of the park.

Some of my favorite things to hear......man I made it up (insert trail name here) five years ago. Then smile knowing that trail has progressed to the point where only a handful of people would even attempt it.

Or. I saw a rail buggy make that. Or. I took a RZR up that. All damn well knowing they would never have a chance at it again. Reminiscing has it's place in the offroad world. I just don't want it to be reminiscing in a way that reminds me of Tellico.

I guess I am too passionate about this place and just need to lower my expectations.

The worst part of this whole deal.....is that they wouldn't come out and bulldoze the tops and bottoms of the three trails we just cut in. We had to take chainsaws and manually move every damn thing by hand. I have had poison oak And sumac five or six times from this place and it has always been from cutting underbrush that shouldn't had had to be done.

Argh...Soap box back into the closet. Just please make some plans to support the work that is being done so we can get a foot hold on what happens to the park.