• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

PlowBoyII - New 900HP Hill Killer from Wide Open Design

We haven't seen it back at the shop yet. The only reason is because we are waiting on the hex link material to come in.

The report I've got is that it messed up the

front tube work
bent up the winch cover and winch mount
bent a rear link bar and that took out a hydraulic hose going to the rear steering cylinder
I got a picture last night of a spindle that was broken but was just found.

We try to keep Richie running but we don't push any one else out of the way to make it happen.

I'll be interested to see what other collateral damage was done when I can get it on the lift and look at it.

It was a wild ride for sure. I'm just glad he wasn't hurt.

probably going to catch some **** over this but Richie always goes huge and thrashes his buggies usually breaking something major on them. Why? Don't get me wrong he is awesome to watch and it's his money but at a certain point doesnt it start to get really expensive and out of hand? I love this buggy WOD killed it and glad Richie is ok that was a hell of a hit.

jeeptj99 said:
probably going to catch some **** over this but Richie always goes huge and thrashes his buggies usually breaking something major on them. Why? Don't get me wrong he is awesome to watch and it's his money but at a certain point doesnt it start to get really expensive and out of hand? I love this buggy WOD killed it and glad Richie is ok that was a hell of a hit.

I haven't decide if Richie can't drive or would rather just put on a show

muddinmetal said:
I haven't decide if Richie can't drive or would rather just put on a show

The man can drive, in the past he's shown that... but now I think he'd rather put on a show for the people that come out and watch... his money guess he can trash it if he wants... makes me sick to see him do it tho

JohnG said:
Why would he do that? His money is no better than the rest of Wide Open Design customers.

John I wasn't meaning that in any way, it just seems either Plowboy 1 or 2 get wrecked and tore up on a regular big race weekend :dblthumb:

jeeptj99 said:

Yeah he might as well had just done a full speed run into a brick wall. I'm not gonna lie, I done a little ::) ::) ::) as I watched that vertical launch video and all I could think to myself was "....but why?" I think he missed his calling to be a Monster Jam driver.....

Richie is one of the nicest guys that I have ever met out on the trail. He has some of the baddest machines out there.
He pushes this sport as well as some others to limits most of us thought would never have been possible.
Its crazy to see keyboard heros talk **** about that.

throttlejunkie said:
Richie is one of the nicest guys that I have ever met out on the trail. He has some of the baddest machines out there.
He pushes this sport as well as some others to limits most of us thought would never have been possible.
Its crazy to see keyboard heros talk **** about that.

i'm not talking ****. hell he's the only one to do a back flip in a bouncer but i was just thinking about how costly it is. Like i said not my money he can do what he wants and i'll still watch it on youtube.

Say what you want, but Richie is a great, down to Earth guy in person who is loving what he does in his spare time with his hard earned moneys. If we all went to the drag strip and everyone turned in times all within 1000's of a second, it would look like a tennis match and in my opinion, that would be about as much fun as watching paint dry. (BTW, I love watching NHRA) The guy flogs his stuff because he can and makes no qualms about it and says nothing about who's money is being spent. He doesn't attack anybody or there character, unless you poke the bear. He outwardly states he does it for the show, just as many others do the same.

Would I run my junk airborne like him, HELL NO. I don't have the money nor the remaining bodily parts of my spine to do it. His safety equipment is such that would have saved Dale Earnhardt if he had been wearing the same safety equipment during his unfortunate crash.

Am I a nut swinger towards Richie or Bobbie or TC or anyone else under the microscope, No, I consider all these guys to be my friends and would help them out just as they would me

Money is money, some have more, some have less. He's enjoying the fruits of his hard work as I try to do myself. thumb.gif

i wasn't trying to personally attack him. I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about Richie i haven't personally met him i was just stating that looked expensive and painful. He can drive other wise he wouldnt have made it as far as he did either year in KOH.

CHASMAN9 said:
Gracias amigo. Now stoke up that barbque and getta grillin son.... :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat: :eat:

We need a Killin and Grillin thread on here. You'd win :dblthumb:

A grillin thread would be cool

Well said Gregg.

It gets old seeing all the keyboard warriors talk **** about the guys that go out there week after week laying it all on the line. No, Richie doesn't win event after event like Timmie does. He puts on knew hell of a show though. You can bet money on the fact that he's going all out ever damn time he races.

Latest posts