• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pocket knife

I'm a big fan of Extrema Ratios. I've got a few of them, none of which I could carry because of TN laws (MF1 auto and Fulcrum C).
So since I moved here I have a BF1, cool little blade :

5257433058_422bce6d75_b.jpg

I have a top version.

Bebop said:
I'm a big fan of Extrema Ratios. I've got a few of them, none of which I could carry because of TN laws (MF1 auto and Fulcrum C).
So since I moved here I have a BF1, cool little blade :

5257433058_422bce6d75_b.jpg

I have a top version.

Fairly certain the TN "no auto open" laws were repealed.

86chevota said:

I think it was around 2012, I went to the local hardware store Highland Hardware (largest Case knife showcase/collection around) to buy a Benchmade Bedlam Auto and was informed that I had to be EMT, Police, or Military to buy an assisted open knife. I was like laughing1 laughing1 and sent a couple emails to the state reps.

Few years later I walked in and bought one. :dunno:

TBItoy said:
I think it was around 2012, I went to the local hardware store Highland Hardware (largest Case knife showcase/collection around) to buy a Benchmade Bedlam Auto and was informed that I had to be EMT, Police, or Military to buy an assisted open knife. I was like laughing1 laughing1 and sent a couple emails to the state reps.

Few years later I walked in and bought one. :dunno:

He is from France. They just told him that to mess with him. Just Kidding.

pplblazerdude said:
I have been considering a benchmade next. I just can't decide which one I wanna give a try.

The last two Benchmades I've had were complements of the U.S. Army but I've also bought a couple over the years and never regretted the cost. They make a great knife with high end materials and top notch workmanship.

My next sticker will be ether a Microtech or Benchmade OTF once I save up the $.

Re: Re: Pocket knife

I've never been one to sharpen a knife really or even have a "nice" blade .... What sharpening apparatus would you guys suggest for a dummy like me ?

86chevota said:
I will agree but I really love how easy it is to sharpen and keep a edge on carbon steel but am old school on stuff like that. I would much rather shoot a 1911 than the New striker fired jobs.

Which would you choose to protect yourself with ? Poking holes in paper is one thing .... :stir:

pplblazerdude said:
I have been considering a benchmade next. I just can't decide which one I wanna give a try.
I had a Benchmade that I recently misplaced. Great knife.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Pocket knife

Mortalis5509 said:
I had a Benchmade that I recently misplaced. Great knife.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
X2. Had a griptillian and it fell got left under the jeep on a wheeling trip. I'd love to buy another but damn they're proud of them.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

rednecklights said:
I've never been one to sharpen a knife really or even have a "nice" blade .... What sharpening apparatus would you guys suggest for a dummy like me ?

Which would you choose to protect yourself with ? Poking holes in paper is one thing .... :stir:

I Have 3 EDC a 1911 45, Sig 938 and Sig P320 compact either one will get the job done. If I could only have one and one only the Sig P320. The 1911 is my favorite by far

If your looking for a good USA made knife, I carry a buck with pocket clip, it black with stainless blade. You can get one at academy for $20, it's like their USA made economy line. Not the cheap China made bucks...they suck. Or just go with a old school CASE, there it great knife and hold a edge very well.l, and can get most of them for under $60. Not much on high dollar knife, lose to many on the farm. That's why I like the $20 USA made buck

Re: Re: Re: Pocket knife

onepieceatatime said:
X2. Had a griptillian and it fell got left under the jeep on a wheeling trip. I'd love to buy another but damn they're proud of them.

This is the exact knife I have been looking at. Whats your thoughts on it?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pocket knife

pplblazerdude said:
This is the exact knife I have been looking at. Whats your thoughts on it?
I loved it was super comfortable and worked super smooth. My buddy has carried one for quite awhile and like it so I went with the same one.

Re: Pocket knife

I really like my spyderco delica. Haven't been able to carry a personal knife at my job the last 2 years so I haven't used it at all lately

I carry a gerber and have for a while. It gets Abused a lot like most knives I've had and I have been happy with it. One knife that is on my list to get is a benchmade mini infidel, a little pricy but sweet (around 450). Easy in and easy out ????

Holy fawk, that's pistol price. I abuse knives badly, prybar, screwdriver, etc. I require a half serrated blade because mine might deburr the inside of a tube and be dull AF, but with serration you can generally gnaw through whatever you need to get cut in two. I use $20ish knives. Current one is 5 years old and the end has been broken off into a flathead 3/8" wide for 3.5 of them laughing1