• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pocket knife

My Spyderco Native (third one now) wont stay sharp either.

I'm pretty decent with my whetstone kit, but I've pretty much written the brand off for my next purchase. Which sucks because the fit and carry option is great, but having a dull blade is just embarrassing.

I just want one that the dam pocket clip doesn't work loose and fall off or out of my pocket. I lose to many that way.

I used to only carry the spyderco's but they got to pricey to keep replacing, I used to lose my knife all the time. Now I get whatever is 20 bucks.

The last few years I have carried a craftsman box cutter razor or a CRKT , I loved the M16 that had the safety lock, it was my favorite but lost it. The last couple of replacements didn't have the lock and the one I have now has a big goofy thumb knob on both sides of the blade.

I keep buying mine at Walmart but after seeing you guys finding them online, I'm going to see if I can find one of the M16s with the lock.

Probably going to take some hate here.

I kept buying Kershaw's, and at $60 a pop for the Kershaw Black Blur Glassbreaker Knife with SpeedSafe on Amazon, I was getting tired of it. They would literally walk off.
Like a 7/16 wrench in my shop, or a 10mm socket, shut the lights off and they run away to knife/tool/fairy land.

At KOH2014 a guy stopped by my pit tent, and I needed to cut a ziptie and he whipped out a "Derma-Safe" razor blade. Was awesome! I went to hand back and he said, no keep it. Turns out he was an ER Dr. and they have piles of them, and he grabs a handful a day it seems like, is what he said.
I got back to Texas, and a month or two later looked up the website on the side of the knife. http://www.derma-safe.com/
I could buy 100 of these little razor blades for $60. So I did. 3 weeks ago I ordered another 100 as I was down to about 15 left (granted I have given away 30-40). so close to 2.5 years to go through roughly 60 myself.

I throw away when dull, or I break. They are so small you dont notice them in your pocket. Throw a few in the cupholders in all of our cars. have a grab tub at the shop and one at the house with a couple handfuls in each. They do 99% of the cutting I need to do. Now you cant gut a deer, or get in a fight with a mexican with them. But its all I carry now. weigh nothing, cost $0.60 vs. $60. My last Kershaw walked just before summer, and I decided to not replace it this time.

They are mega-mf'er sharp. Its a freaking razor blade. They arent for everyone. But for $60 for 100, and that 100 will last ya a few years easy, its hard to not try them out. Maybe goin halfsies with a buddy 50 each for $30 each.

http://www.derma-safe.com/
knife-folding-utility_zps1shotzvd.jpg

I've been carrying Benchmade for the last 10+ yrs. They have a free lifetime sharpening program and will do any tuneups/repairs it may need while they have it. Turn time is usually less than two weeks in my experience.

TBItoy said:
I think it was around 2012, I went to the local hardware store Highland Hardware (largest Case knife showcase/collection around) to buy a Benchmade Bedlam Auto and was informed that I had to be EMT, Police, or Military to buy an assisted open knife. I was like laughing1 laughing1 and sent a couple emails to the state reps.

Few years later I walked in and bought one. :dunno:

Oh well, it's in France now... But good to know !
I like straight knifes better than folding ones, is the "over 4in blade" ban still applicable ?

kmcminn said:
He is from France. They just told him that to mess with him. Just Kidding.

;D

I think having different laws per state is dumb tho... I should know all the state laws before traveling ? (I know, I know, it's not the scope of the topic...)

I also have a CR Sebenza, but I'm way too scared of breaking it when using it... Which is a shame because it's an amazing knife.

Re: Pocket knife

174e2b743c2356608b667502ecc501a8.jpg

$16 Kobalt
All 3 blades lock
Kinda big for your pocket but it's been a good do all knife

I bought it for work I open a lot of parts boxes but I carry it all the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bebop said:
Oh well, it's in France now... But good to know !
I like straight knifes better than folding ones, is the "over 4in blade" ban still applicable ?

;D

I think having different laws per state is dumb tho... I should know all the state laws before traveling ? (I know, I know, it's not the scope of the topic...)

I also have a CR Sebenza, but I'm way too scared of breaking it when using it... Which is a shame because it's an amazing knife.

Different laws per state allows more local, applicable regulations in a country as large as the USA. And yes, part of the responsibility as a traveler is to know the laws that apply to you.

Just think of it as traveling between countries in Europe.

TBItoy said:
Different laws per state allows more local, applicable regulations in a country as large as the USA. And yes, part of the responsibility as a traveler is to know the laws that apply to you.

Just think of it as traveling between countries in Europe.

I get that.

Where can I find reliable info on those laws per state ?

Bebop said:
I get that.

Where can I find reliable info on those laws per state ?

Most states/municipalities have websites with important stuff on them, according to what you are looking for.

DOT/highway laws for towing/hauling, handgun carry/concealed carry permit reciprocity, other weapon laws, alcohol and tobacco laws, etc

cpapasan said:
174e2b743c2356608b667502ecc501a8.jpg

$16 Kobalt
All 3 blades lock
Kinda big for your pocket but it's been a good do all knife

I bought it for work I open a lot of parts boxes but I carry it all the time

Knife looks ok, but that thumb needs some work.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

Carry a razor box cutter folding knife in my pocket pretty much 365 24/7.. blades get dull swap em out and they only 10dollars or so

One thing about them though is I take them a party and loctite the screws that hold them together or they will rattle apart over time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

InDaShop said:
Probably going to take some hate here.

I kept buying Kershaw's, and at $60 a pop for the Kershaw Black Blur Glassbreaker Knife with SpeedSafe on Amazon, I was getting tired of it. They would literally walk off.
Like a 7/16 wrench in my shop, or a 10mm socket, shut the lights off and they run away to knife/tool/fairy land.

At KOH2014 a guy stopped by my pit tent, and I needed to cut a ziptie and he whipped out a "Derma-Safe" razor blade. Was awesome! I went to hand back and he said, no keep it. Turns out he was an ER Dr. and they have piles of them, and he grabs a handful a day it seems like, is what he said.
I got back to Texas, and a month or two later looked up the website on the side of the knife. http://www.derma-safe.com/
I could buy 100 of these little razor blades for $60. So I did. 3 weeks ago I ordered another 100 as I was down to about 15 left (granted I have given away 30-40). so close to 2.5 years to go through roughly 60 myself.

I throw away when dull, or I break. They are so small you dont notice them in your pocket. Throw a few in the cupholders in all of our cars. have a grab tub at the shop and one at the house with a couple handfuls in each. They do 99% of the cutting I need to do. Now you cant gut a deer, or get in a fight with a mexican with them. But its all I carry now. weigh nothing, cost $0.60 vs. $60. My last Kershaw walked just before summer, and I decided to not replace it this time.

They are mega-mf'er sharp. Its a freaking razor blade. They arent for everyone. But for $60 for 100, and that 100 will last ya a few years easy, its hard to not try them out. Maybe goin halfsies with a buddy 50 each for $30 each.

http://www.derma-safe.com/
knife-folding-utility_zps1shotzvd.jpg

I bought a couple of these off amazon. They are awesome!

Here are a few of my Spyderco's. I don't have a problem with most of them staying sharp. I EDC my Para2. I have tried several times to find a knife that could replace it but I can't find one. I use either the Spyderco sharp maker or a Lanski. I have had several Benchmade's but they don't fit my hand well. There are lot of great knives out there.