• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Poor fuel milage!

Hellbilly

I bought a 2002 ford f350 power stroke about 2 months ago and have been losing fuel milage. When I bought it it was getting 13.9 mpg and now its down to 13.1 any ideas on what the problem is ?

I bought a 2002 ford f350 power stroke about 2 months ago and have been losing fuel milage. When I bought it it was getting 13.9 mpg and now its down to 13.1 any ideas on what the problem is ?

Yea, u and me racing on the freeway with the hammer down doesnt help.

Have u checked the fuel filter yet? When i was gettin shitty mileage my fuel filter was black.

I have an 07 6.7 CTD and I have yet to see anything over 12.7, besides 0.8 drop in mileage isn't anything to be concerned with, it could be anything from weather to driving changes.

You can run a fuel addidtive i use the Lucas alot or you can put in a quart or 2 of Dex tranny fluid it cleans your injectors and lubes your pumps all at the same time and is cheaper than most additives. I especially use these things in the winter months and in my 04 cummins i see acouple miles to the gallon difference.:awesomework:

Its probably the crappy fuel we have thanks to the EPA. I would not run ATF on a regular basis. IMHO it will be detramental to your injection pump. It has way to many anti friction inhibitors that could be harmfull to pump seals. I would recommend a diesel fuel addative like Standadyne.

Its probably the crappy fuel we have thanks to the EPA. I would not run ATF on a regular basis. IMHO it will be detramental to your injection pump. It has way to many anti friction inhibitors that could be harmfull to pump seals. I would recommend a diesel fuel addative like Standadyne.

x2:awesomework:

a 0.8mpg difference...

Better call Ford and have them issue a Factory Recall.

x3 on the atf.... for some reason quite a few people thought it would be the next big thing. They got shot down pretty quick.

NEVER PUT ATF IN THE TANK! and THERE IS NO INJECTION PUMP TO LUBE! Remember guys, hes got a furd. lemme ask you this, are you getting your MPG from the overhead computer or hand calculated? The computer is a really good guess but not a tank to tank calc. Also have you checked filters? Oil? tire pressure? have you been useing safeways B20? Driving habits changed?

Mpg

If your getting this from overhead...view the MPG then press the 2 buttons and hold them for about 5 seconds...this will reset you MPG and you can see what you get per trip.