• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Powder coat pricing ??

smurfy90 said:
if I had your money id burn mine!
I been waiting on you to go ahead and get into the powder coat business then I can get me good ole buddy deal like for FREE !

rednecklights said:
INP is overpriced for sure

Windsor iron works in Cullman usually has great prices.

This guy does a not so great job. I dont personally use him, but i build parts for a guy that uses him. He recently got a cage coated and it was poor quality. There was a big spot of sand coated into it on the b pillar, at every point, the powder coat was so thin you could see the metal through it. The customer had drilled holes in the tubing to run wires through and outside every hole there was sand coated in. Its nothing i would be proud of...

You did my chassis and it looks great had a lot of good response when people look at it He has done several other two bases for me for the razor and other objects and always does a great job No complaints here just saying

offroadr1 said:
This guy does a not so great job. I dont personally use him, but i build parts for a guy that uses him. He recently got a cage coated and it was poor quality. There was a big spot of sand coated into it on the b pillar, at every point, the powder coat was so thin you could see the metal through it. The customer had drilled holes in the tubing to run wires through and outside every hole there was sand coated in. Its nothing i would be proud of...

INP or Windsor?

Coyote Coatings in Hueytown does great work. It's not a chassis, but they did some wrought iron porch railing with lots of decorative curls and twists that make for extremely tight areas to get powder into.

They got it all covered and we have sent them a number of other jobs from friends. Everyone has thanked us for recommending them after having work done. They are good guys to boot, and quick.

ALLJ said:
I been waiting on you to go ahead and get into the powder coat business then I can get me good ole buddy deal like for FREE !
After I saw the $60000 price tag for the equipment I almost puked! If it was in the $30000 price range id been all over it!

smurfy90 said:
After I saw the $60000 price tag for the equipment I almost puked! If it was in the $30000 price range id been all over it!
I hear you I was just giving you a hard time the cost of the equipment is only a very small portion of what you would need to run it a make a profit

I'm not real knowledgeable about powdercoating, so here's my illiterate question. Can a section of tubing be powdercoated in place or do you have to have the entire chassis recoated? Example; I smashed a section of tubing above a shock tower and want to get the tubing replaced and recoated, is this possible? :dunno:

a b & h powder coat in Huntsville al, greg applebee is the owner.
his no is 256-858-3705
he does all of our parts for military program we are working on.
he just got done with a buddies jeep based buggy.
don't know the pricing but give him a call.
chasman9 I don't think you can powdercoat after the fact but greg can answer that for you.
good luck.

CHASMAN9 said:
I'm not real knowledgeable about powdercoating, so here's my illiterate question. Can a section of tubing be powdercoated in place or do you have to have the entire chassis recoated? Example; I smashed a section of tubing above a shock tower and want to get the tubing replaced and recoated, is this possible? :dunno:

I think so, but you'd have to tear the whole thing down.

Reason I say this, is most chassis get 2 to 3 coats... so that's really no different IMO. I could easily be dumb and wrong though.

CHASMAN9 said:

I'm just going off what the dude told me when I had mine done, but it sounded like they would have to blast it and start over. They handled mine while it was still warm and smudged the coating, he said could fix it by re coating or just knock some off the price. I took the discount since it was going to get scratched/rock rash anyway. just my .02

Thank you guys for your input as this has been a question of mine for a while. I've got some touch up color to match but it is not as thick and shows, but I PLAN on putting it on its list again.. And again... I like my junk to look good but bought this one to run and I'll be damned if I'm going baby it. :driving: :****: