• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Power loss in jeep 4.0 high out put

mikey450

got a problem here my 4 cylinder yota has more power than my buddy's jeep
so i didn't think it was getting any fuel i thought the fuel injectors where clogged
so i went and but a new fuel filter and K 44 power enhancer ran it still just gutless! brand new engine just no power. just wondering if any one has had this problem:mad: and what to do next. trying to fix it...

Had the same issue with my last XJ. Redid all the fuel crap and spark but nothin. Sold it before I could get it right.

same problem here, engine has 5,000 miles on it and just seems too weak. distributor, plugs and wires are all new, but injectors, fuel pump, etc. is original and i haven't checked any of it yet. i did run a can of seafoam through the tank and it did nothing. catalytic converter is also new.

i suppose it could be a symptom of 34" tires and 4.10 gears but i'm not sure. let me know if you figure anything out and i'll do the same.

just something to try...pull the brake booster hose, start it up, let it suck seafoam through, pulling it out just before the motor dies and let it idle up again.
repeat for half the bottle or so, it seemed to help on mine.

just went to the shop and checked it out wasted 100 bucks on nothing to tell me it "might" be your timing and its gear driven