• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pre-owned Vehicle search

J/Cope79

Its time for a change in my vehicle fleet and I am hoping some car dealer/sales folks on here might be able to help us locate what we want.
Heres what the wife is wanting : 4th generation Toyota 4runner 4x4.
Im wanting a Quad cab/4door Dodge 3500 4x4. Not really wanting anything newer than 2012 unless it has already had ALL of the deletes done.
Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or needs more info on our trade in details, PM me and I will provide the rest of the details. :popcorn:

Re: Pre-owned Vehicle search

Can't believe i'm saying this....but I really enjoyed buying from Carmax. As penny pinching as I am, the prices were fair for what you were getting.

I think if you know exactly what you want(like you do), Carmax / Carvana / etc. is a great hassle free process.

I was looking for a 15-17 Mustang GT automatic....white / black / silver / grey. As I browsed Cars.com and other online places I found a color I didn't even know they made. I LOOVE dark green / hunter green / polo green cars. They had a Guard Green / Guard Metallic one in Kansas. Come to find out it's a fairly rare color. I've only seen 3 others in person since purchase. Pretty hard for a Mustang to not see a twin on every corner

300$ transfer fee paid, a week later car arrived, drove out in about 30minutes. Car was clean, all chips / areas pointed out ahead of time. Very pleased.

e71bc72921f9b01d39485f3a30ed3fe5.jpg
9609d93ccf3a8db6371705021a200ef8.jpg

We have sold a few to Carmax but they seem to only have vehicles that are much newer than we are looking for. However, I will check in with them to see what might turn up .

I also found my car online when i was looking several years ago. Like Tony i found one in a special color..... then the paint started falling off because #fordthings.

Re: Pre-owned Vehicle search

tonybolton said:
Can't believe i'm saying this....but I really enjoyed buying from Carmax. As penny pinching as I am, the prices were fair for what you were getting.

I think if you know exactly what you want(like you do), Carmax / Carvana / etc. is a great hassle free process.

I was looking for a 15-17 Mustang GT automatic....white / black / silver / grey. As I browsed Cars.com and other online places I found a color I didn't even know they made. I LOOVE dark green / hunter green / polo green cars. They had a Guard Green / Guard Metallic one in Kansas. Come to find out it's a fairly rare color. I've only seen 3 others in person since purchase. Pretty hard for a Mustang to not see a twin on every corner

300$ transfer fee paid, a week later car arrived, drove out in about 30minutes. Car was clean, all chips / areas pointed out ahead of time. Very pleased.

e71bc72921f9b01d39485f3a30ed3fe5.jpg
9609d93ccf3a8db6371705021a200ef8.jpg

A LOT of Carmax cars I have seen have been SMASHED and never reported. They get the work done as cheaply as possible off the grid and it never shows on Carfax. Inspect them wisely. Mechanically they are usually very sound though

i kind of like to see a car with some "usual" bumps and bruises....USED cars I mean. I get suspicious when they look perfect. Makes me think a train ran over them and it got put back together to look "nice."

The Mustang I got had a clean bill....but after washing/detailing, it's clearly been bumped on the passenger side front/headlight area. No biggie...i'm just concerned with the mechanical/structural part of a car for the most part.

As for mostly new vehicles at carmax, yea....that's true. Just open up your search for a larger radius. Never know whats out there till you look.

I guess we are kinda looking for unicorn vehicles which isnt helping the search.
A fairly priced 4x4 03-09 4runner with Under 200k that is clean(no rust or related issues) is kinda hard to find within a decent radius from Huntsville AL.
The same goes for the truck Im willing to consider without having to buy a plane ticket just to see it in person . Here's the possible trade ins :
05 Dodge dually reg cab, 4x4 6spd.
09 Tahoe 4x4
16 Dodge Journey

J/Cope79 said:
I guess we are kinda looking for unicorn vehicles which isnt helping the search.
A fairly priced 4x4 03-09 4runner with Under 200k that is clean(no rust or related issues) is kinda hard to find within a decent radius from Huntsville AL.
The same goes for the truck Im willing to consider without having to buy a plane ticket just to see it in person . Here's the possible trade ins :
05 Dodge dually reg cab, 4x4 6spd.
09 Tahoe 4x4
16 Dodge Journey

pretty much any 4runner you find that you don't just shake your head or roll your eyes at the price is gonna be a 2wd from what I've seen.
Good luck

TBItoy said:
pretty much any 4runner you find that you don't just shake your head or roll your eyes at the price is gonna be a 2wd from what I've seen.
Good luck

Yea thats what i am figuring out. The next gen is completely outrageous in price and i dont need a 4runner that is that big.

Good luck on the Dodge too without selling a testicle. It's absolutely stupid what a used diesel will bring right now. And when you find one fairly priced it's got 500k on it and interior looks like ****, usually a fleet truck or something.

jeeptj99 said:
Good luck on the Dodge too without selling a testicle. It's absolutely stupid what a used diesel will bring right now. And when you find one fairly priced it's got 500k on it and interior looks like ****, usually a fleet truck or something.

Yea Im aware of that too... :dunno:
The truck situation isnt as big of a deal as getting the 4runner.
That being said has anyone on here interested in a 09 Tahoe or a 16 Dodge Jouney :****:

J/Cope79 said:
Yea Im aware of that too... :dunno:
The truck situation isnt as big of a deal as getting the 4runner.
That being said has anyone on here interested in a 09 Tahoe or a 16 Dodge Jouney :****:

My gf might be in the yukon she was talking about wanting another newer one the other day.

I just bought a brand new TRD 4x4 4 runner cheaper than half the used ones online at TEAM ONE Toyota in rainbow city al

Are you wanting a DRW 3500 or SRW? Either way, Billy Ray Taylor in Cullman usually has several nice Cummins trucks. His prices can be a bit high on some of them, but he does usually have the best selection of nice low mileage trucks around.

jtreeves said:
I just bought a brand new TRD 4x4 4 runner cheaper than half the used ones online at TEAM ONE Toyota in rainbow city al

I looked at their inventory online yesterday and thought about contacting them . :dblthumb:

MoparMan said:
Are you wanting a DRW 3500 or SRW? Either way, Billy Ray Taylor in Cullman usually has several nice Cummins trucks. His prices can be a bit high on some of them, but he does usually have the best selection of nice low mileage trucks around.

I'll look them up and see what they have. Thank you.