• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pro Rock Stock Class XJ Build

Saturday started on the front bumper it's a little bit of a FOA knockoff.But I dont have time to buy on.Still need to add the winch,clevis mounts and bull bar and It is ready.
Snapchat-1288140122.jpg
20200718_205623.jpg
20200718_205627.jpg
20200718_211623.jpg

Well was able to take it out Sunday and test it.Went really well with a couple 5th gear full rips through the creek that runs through the park.Climbed hills and with the Hurst short throw I'm finally able to grab gear going up hill.The SX2s on this thing straight hook and dig at low speed and high wheel speed.Ended the day with a flexed out steering box cap.But all and all I'm ready for Mid America.
20200719_170128.jpg
20200719_113250_003.jpg
FB_IMG_1595202270892.jpg

IMG_20200723_171912_101.jpg
RACE ReCap but not really any racing involved.Well the first race didn't go very well.Left for mid America thursday after work.Friday morning we got to the park after staying at a hotel for the weekend 15 minutes away.Met with my co driver Jake Pike Friday to start pre running.We were the first on course and the last on course.Made it about halfway around the 9 mile loop.Came up a hill to a quick down hill and the motor shut off.... Hit the starter and with that a large fire came through the floor board.We were able to get it out quickly.Ended up be a busted fuel line spraying right on to the collector.After a quick assement of what was burnt we lost the slave cylinder line.Pulled the fuel pump relay and was able to get the jeep of the course with the starter. Was able to get a ride out of the woods by TC.A trip town to search for a cylinder line with no luck.So we grabbed some fuel line to to patch it.Made a phone call to my best friend to pick up a line from a store in Missouri and he was on his way.
Snapchat-2070661705.jpg

Was.able to fix both the fuel and patch the slave cylinder line.But I guess in the middle of trying to shift with no clutch I bent a shift fork.Had to back the jeep out in reverse for a mile:gay:. Fast forward to about 9pm buddies show up with the line and we try to see if with the clutch released we can get the trans to shift no luck.I had brought my spare AX-15 as insurance.We started pulling the trans.We were going good till we all hit a wall at 1:30am.After that we pretty much called it so we would miss anything trying to slam it back together in the morning trying to beat the 8am start. Before the fire the jeep was killing it.Fault really good. Might to adjust the lower bypass tubes.And work on steering angle and this thing will be ready to go for Race to Riches at Rush Offroad at the end of September.

That's not a good/fun first race recap. Least you got some more horsepressures since TC touched the Jeep and helped pull it out.

Dude that sucks that the first outing had a rough start, but then there are alot of racers out there that have similar stories so you cannot feel too bad about it.

Little update on the jeep was able to warranty the driveshaft parts out.
Snapchat-1756669133.jpg

But in the mean time on waiting for the parts I took the time for some shock tuning in 2wd.We have 3/4 of a mile worth of gravel creek that runs through the property.Perfect for some high speed tuning aswell as low speed.Always heard people talk about how much a turn changes things on these bypasses.But man they weren't joking.With about 10 runs down the creek I lost the track bar mount.
IMG_20200905_203035_994.jpg

After further review it ripped everything out with it. Have to love the XJ life.
Snapchat-91199870.jpg
20200913_104202.jpg
The plan is to add a few good pieces of steel back in.With the intend to tie everything we can to it.I also believe this might be a result of the uppers being to triangulated for a track bar causing it to bind up.I'll remove the passenger upper and see if it helps.Still some major plating to be done.
Snapchat-67264306.jpg
Snapchat-182498080.jpg
IMG_20200914_192850_495.jpg

After further review it ripped everything out with it. Have to love the XJ life.View attachment 120178View attachment 120179The plan is to add a few good pieces of steel back in.With the intend to tie everything we can to it.I also believe this might be a result of the uppers being to triangulated for a track bar causing it to bind up.I'll remove the passenger upper and see if it helps.Still some major plating to be done.View attachment 120180View attachment 120181View attachment 120182
I feel your pain man....I feel your pain....

At first, I read that as ^^

and thought "well dang he came to his senses, scrapped the cherocar, and is is building something else (I bet with a frame)" :ROFLMAO1:
Nope, it's like herpes. Once you got it, you're in it for the long haul...

Latest posts