Pro Rock Stock Class XJ Build

MonnlightRacing77

When in Doubt Throttle Out
Figured screw it and post the build.It will be slow.First born is on the way but it will updated as I add to it.I guess you could consider this stage 1 of the build.Next will be cage and safety equipment.
Specs
96' XJ 4.0 5 speed picked up for $200
With Dana 30 front/9in rear
231J with SYE soon to be a MP241
Out of a JK
Hooligan Stiffners front to back
Stinky Fab Racing Aluminum 4 link
4.5 Rubicon Express leafs and coils
33in tires hopefully 36s soon

The start of the build.$200 XJ into a bay and a half garage shared with my dad.Started January 4th.Started with the stiffners and unibody repair

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MonnlightRacing77

4 link kit was next from sticky fab which is bolt and weld at the factory crossmember location.Front axle fab followed.All stock brackets were replaced with 5/16" steel.Yes I know it's a polished turd. Cyroed 4.56 spicer ring and pinion installed with REM finished bearings for the traction 3 year old Aussie locker used out of previous XJs.WJ knuckles and brake for upgraded steering and stopping power

MonnlightRacing77

Rear axle was built at work using parts on the shelf.Made 3in wider than stock XJ 60.75 WMS.cryoed 4.57 US gear with PEM brute case,35 spline spool with dutchman 4340 shafts

MonnlightRacing77

Steering and track bar was out build using components from barnes 4wd and Wide Open Design. Broke a 5/8s bolt on the old jeep.So will not be problemhp on this one.All 3/4" bolt on steering and track bar.Track bar mount was a 2.625 mount so custom spacer was needed.Driveshafts were next which I do everyday.1310s .250 wall tube.1350s next with the JK tcase.

MonnlightRacing77

First day out of the shop was May 14th.First time having gears and brakes and its awesome.But the polished turd made it 30 minutes before the carrier broke after a good clutch dump.Taking out the pinion.Sucks but new parts were here the following week.

MonnlightRacing77

Night 2 out no breakage just some parts moving.Didnt put the lower bolts back in the track bar mount.Causing the unibody to separate and move the mount over a few inches.Also found the driver upper hitting the front yoke due to much pinion angle.

MonnlightRacing77

Re: Re: Pro Rock Stock Class XJ Build

ToyotaTom said:
Nice! Those frame stiffners are beefy.
Best kit on the market.Wraps under and and on to the inside rail aswell

MonnlightRacing77

Re: Re: Pro Rock Stock Class XJ Build

RustyC said:
Can you swap axles and still be in the stock class?
Yes but it must have factory style suspension configuration

617_Racing

Thanks for posting! I’ve been wanting to get a XJ and go racing too. Nice to see some tech on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonnlightRacing77

Full rule list stock class survival
https://prorockracing.com/pages/rules

MonnlightRacing77

A few parts I had powdered bit will probably regret.Sector shaft brace from ironman fab.

The Luke

I got the hooligans stiffeners also. Had the same problem and multiple track bar mount issues. There’s just so much chassis flex on those dang unibodies. Problem solved with a trackbar brace(under oil pan to passenger rail) and a 4.5”x1” bolt through the outside stiffener to the inner plate behind the steering box. Pardon the crappy picture.

MonnlightRacing77

I will be there but not racing this season.To many things to buy between the baby and safety equipment.

MonnlightRacing77

Really need to get the cage,bumpers and sliders built.Really liking the swampers.

Latest posts