• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Problems with elbe

The biggest problem that I see here is a typical internet quarterback situation.

We have the blast guys who saw a problem and remedied it. Then suggested further action to prevent the problem from happening again. No harm no foul. :awesomework:

We fixed it so the water went thru the pipe instead of down the trail but we need to get some good dirt or soil out there as of right now the plastic pipe is exposed. Was not much more we could do to fix it.
Maybe lower the pipe more. I dont know the water pipe was filled with dirt and rocks though.

It should have been left at this and brought up to the DNR at the nearest opportunity.

The problem in my opinion begins when people that have not even seen the problem first hand come in and begin to blow it out of proportion.

Crazy Daze said:
The washed out coulvert on that trail should concern everyone that uses that trail. The people that ran it last weekend should have fixed it. Don't wait for the DNR, the trail is there for wheelers, wheelers should maintain it.

When this happens the huggers that we all know read this web site start running their printers and copy machines and use our own words against us. The best thing to do with a problem is exactly what blast did. Remedy it to the best of our ability and alert the correct people. Some things need to stay out of the public eye.

Running our mouths does nothing but hurt us.:mad:

ALL OF YOU CHILL OUT.

Nate, Great to see your enthusiasim :awesomework: You still hav not answered my question about becomeing the co-chair for Elbe for the PNW4WDA :eeek: I think I know of a project that needs doing right away:redneck:

Would it help if the pictures of us fixing the issue were posted also??????

Corey
I went to sumner excuse my spelling. I can take the pictures down if need be its not a big deal. Next just P.M. me and tell me I will I have no problems with that everyone needs an external filter once in awile.

Jim
I would love to help with elbe but it is 2 hours away from me I will help out with tahuya which is 15 minutes away. until later this year when my financial sitution allows me to help you with elbe.

Brian
I am not trying to battle you I just wanted the trip report not to turn into what this did. I may have went about it the wrong way but am tired of hearin 4 dudes itch and not one say I will call.

Hey Nate, thank you for the work you did while you were on the trail...

I do agree, the follow up work that needs to be done should have been dealt with off the forums...

I'm sure you are aware of a number of different people on these sites that you can contact for help with issues that need attention immediately...

Lets go fix it...:awesomework:

Hey Nate, thank you for the work you did while you were on the trail...

I do agree, the follow up work that needs to be done should have been dealt with off the forums...

I'm sure you are aware of a number of different people on these sites that you can contact for help with issues that need attention immediately...

Lets go fix it...:awesomework:

:awesomework:

[Corey has a point but i dont think those pics are a big deal as its not caused by any offroad vehicles its by mother nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to agree a little more with Peanut and White Trash, about stopping the appeasement of the greenines. We're not going to make much difference in the battle by posting up pics and vids of legal wheeling in legal areas. It's not like we can hide or remove the thousands and thousands of pictures and video that show a piece of dirt being disturbed.

I agree that we encourage people to keep pics and vids of illegal activity off the net unless it's being used to assist in locating the offending people for the purpose of assisting in prosecution.

Here we have a legal wheeling area when the guys stayed on the trail. They demonstrate good trail savy as they winch through the trouble spot instead of ripping it up further or making an illegal bypass around it. Then they spent the time fixing the problem as best they could and now are notifying the appropriate people about an area that needs to be fixed.

I think this could be a powerful trip report by BLAST if done properly to show people how they SHOULD behave on a trail. I think pics without the story can be misunderstood and just about any pic can be misued. Showing the "hole" story including what they found and what they did about it, as well the cool pics showing the fun they had.

I'm starting to agree a little more with Peanut and White Trash, about stopping the appeasement of the greenines. We're not going to make much difference in the battle by posting up pics and vids of legal wheeling in legal areas. It's not like we can hide or remove the thousands and thousands of pictures and video that show a piece of dirt being disturbed.

I agree that we encourage people to keep pics and vids of illegal activity off the net unless it's being used to assist in locating the offending people for the purpose of assisting in prosecution.

Here we have a legal wheeling area when the guys stayed on the trail. They demonstrate good trail savy as they winch through the trouble spot instead of ripping it up further or making an illegal bypass around it. Then they spent the time fixing the problem as best they could and now are notifying the appropriate people about an area that needs to be fixed.

I think this could be a powerful trip report by BLAST if done properly to show people how they SHOULD behave on a trail. I think pics without the story can be misunderstood and just about any pic can be misued. Showing the "hole" story including what they found and what they did about it, as well the cool pics showing the fun they had.

I agree. :awesomework: I don't think those pictures or BLAST's report are bad at all. It showed proper trail etiquette and initiative in fixing the problem to the best of their ability at the time.

Last edited:
Looks like there is some trail work that needs to be fixed at elbe. I know DNR at tahuya will let people use there equipment I was told by members here they wont let us at elbe. I do not see why it would be any diffrent at elbe.

If it's cleared with Nancy then you can use equipment, I have had my excavator on almost every trail at Elbe :D

We have brought tahuya's bobcat over before but its kinda of pain in the ass to get it on short notice. I am working on getting a mini excavater and going up there to do a proper repair. If anybody has any question or wants to help pm me........ :corn:

No we dont...... Elbe has been built on volenteer hours... Every machine we have had up there in the past was a rental from our grant money or from a user in our group donating there time and machine.

One last thing i am going to point out. Alot of the people you are arguing with in this thread are elbe volenteers who attend alot of the work party's. Dont mind brian H he is our local E-THUG

I know this We have spoken already. he did not understand what I was saying. and I dont get my point across well.

Please let me know when you plan to work on the trail and I will see if I can get a few Tamers to be there also as this needs to be repaired.

Rudi