• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Prodigy on sale

Avanteone

I figured I'd post this since so many people have been buying new tow rigs and new trailers lately. The Prodigy is THE BEST brake controller out there, and they're on sale through the end of March @ Camping World for $119. If you've never towed /w one, you don't know what you're missing. I never realized there could be such a difference between the old school Voyager type controllers and the Prodigy.

John

Avanteone said:
I figured I'd post this since so many people have been buying new tow rigs and new trailers lately. The Prodigy is THE BEST brake controller out there, and they're on sale through the end of March @ Camping World for $119. If you've never towed /w one, you don't know what you're missing. I never realized there could be such a difference between the old school Voyager type controllers and the Prodigy.

John

Thanks for the info. What are the differences you noticed?

Smoother, it's progressive.. not ON or OFF. You don't have to turn it down in town and then mess /w it on the highway to get it to work right. It's night and day difference.

J

Avanteone said:
Smoother, it's progressive.. not ON or OFF. You don't have to turn it down in town and then mess /w it on the highway to get it to work right. It's night and day difference.

J

Cool! I will be in Fife later and will go check it out.

Avanteone said:

J
No, progressive controllers are the ones that slowly ramp up to full when you hit the brakes regardless of how hard you're breaking. The Prodigy has an accelerometer and can sense how much braking it needs to apply. If you let up on the brakes a bit it will also let up. Basically makes your trailer transparent.

Well FAWK!! Went to Camping World to get my new Prodigy for $119 but to get that price you need to be a member which costs $20.:mad: They are regularly $155 so I would still save a few bucks but I will never buy anything else there.:mad:

Anybody have a membership they would like to share?

GRNTACO said:
Well FAWK!! Went to Camping World to get my new Prodigy for $119 but to get that price you need to be a member which costs $20.:mad: They are regularly $155 so I would still save a few bucks but I will never buy anything else there.:mad:

Anybody have a membership they would like to share?

I'm PM'ing you my phone # you can use to get the membership pricing. When I bought the awning for my trailer it was like $200 off and free installation for members... so it was worth paying the $20 ;) I'm also gonna be buying an a/c unit here shortly and they're like 20% off for members through the end of the month.

John