• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Professional Rock Bouncers/Builders - Advice needed

look at a tj or most other vehicles. look at the links. slope down from frame to axle. now look at Randy's build with portal tek. links go uphil towards axle. inverted. roll center is the imaginary point on your axle that it pivots around in an aritculation movement. higher links on axle end, higher roll center with a standard 4. panhard is what it pivots around in a 1 or 3. wishbone link is what it pivots about in that style.

Lower your rear upper at the frame and see what happens before you mess with the axle. 2" will make a big difference.

Throw 10-15 psi in the tires instead of 3-5. That will rule out a lot of the sidewall bounce and let you evaluate the suspension. You might not like the traction, but it will allow you to troubleshoot better.

whats up Kevin?! hows life in OK?

I am currently getting ready to change my front suspension around a little, so this kinda helps explain things a little better....hoping to get rid of that wicked body roll that I have, or atleast some of it.

Brian

Well after the advice on here and a call to Jimmy (EOR), here is what I got.....

Buggynewrearlinks9-26-08017.jpg

Buggynewrearlinks9-26-08016.jpg

Buggynewrearlinks9-26-08015.jpg

I want to say thanks to Jimmy for taking time out of his schedule to help someone he doesn't even know. He took the time to take my numbers and then turn them into ideas of how to fix it. Then he explained to me why we were doing it and not just how. thumb.gif
What I did was raise the uppers at the axle 2" and lowered the uppers at the chassis a 1-2". Now I have 10" of vert seperation at the axle and 6" at the chassis. The uppers actually have a slight slope downward towards the chassis at ride height.

Here is a pic at 1" from full compression just for shitz.....

Buggynewrearlinks9-26-08001.jpg