• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project All in One Tonlimited

^^ this guy.

I had a bulging disk in my back. It was sitting on top of a nerve that runs down the back of my leg . They went in and clipped a piece off the disk and moved the nerve over. I laid up all last week. I came back to work on Monday. I am still a little sore but feel much better that I have since Dec when all this started. I will be back in the shop full swing this weekend. I was going to work a little bit after work this week but I don't want to push my luck.

Looking forward to seeing your build!

I have read some differing options on caster. What do you guys set yours at. I know 5-8 degrees is the norm. I read a thread on pirate the other day saying most of the u4 guys are running like 10. What say hardline?

Full Hydro or Hydro assist?

If full hydro it really doesn't matter as much. Caster will help with tracking straight on the road but not enough to make a difference!

The more caster you have on a street driven rig with "normal" mechanical steering the better it will return to center at speed. But putting too much can cause "funny" tire wear on the street and make the steering wheel harder to turn as slow speeds.

Once you add hydro assist the effects of the caster are reduced but still some what affective.

I've run as much as 12 and as little as 5. IMO 7-8 is the best for an all around rig like this.

I have always tried to set mine up for 7. I have run as little 5, all with full hydro though and to be honest I never noticed a difference. The one I set up at 5 was back before this go fast stuff started though so it was always used as a crawler and it was on leaf springs.

That is kind of a sticking point for me. Hydro assist have been the plan since the start of things. However, I am more familiar with full hydro. The problem with full hydro is the tap shifter. I have to have a system that is not going to let the location of the wheel float around. Every hydro system I have ever had has done this. I called PSC and he said his system will do it. Trail-gear says theirs won't but I seem risky to try. I think I am going to shoot for 8* and see what happens. Thanks for info BTW!

Re:

We did a little work yesterday. The motor and trans where just out of wack, so we spent most of the day trying to avoid the dread job of cutting the motor mounts back out and realigning the engine. I also did some cleaning on the front 14bolt and welded up the tubes.

ryna2epu.jpg

tudyjary.jpg

une4yvad.jpg

tutuvytu.jpg

y6y4e5uq.jpg

Re:

More pics of the lifting of the tub... I've been planning that, so I'd like to see how you did it.. ie lifting points and what you used. Thx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

markhuntsville said:
More pics of the lifting of the tub... I've been planning that, so I'd like to see how you did it.. ie lifting points and what you used. Thx.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Cut a piece of angle the width of the tub stuck it in and hooked a ratchet strap to the inside cage brackets behind the doors.... Then lift

Sorry I have been to lazy to update.

We did a bunch a measuring and squaring Saturday. The motor was put back in and the front links got mocked up.

yjeduvu5.jpg

ze7u5ary.jpg

qegu3ypu.jpg

2ury4a8y.jpg

y3utahu8.jpg

su7u6eny.jpg

yqe5y8ur.jpg

amyqyjag.jpg

ujusyvy6.jpg

zemyture.jpg

u9a7u7a5.jpg

Monday night the artec back half came in so we got started on it. The hardest part was putting together the back half on the table. Me, my brother and dad worked on that for 30 minutes. After that everything started falling in place. Here are the pics.

qyqumyja.jpg

yma4y7up.jpg

ubasavyg.jpg

erurygam.jpg

rypy9y2a.jpg

u9y3uzup.jpg

mygequ8y.jpg

y3udyqu6.jpg

pyma6yhy.jpg
ebusutuj.jpg

5e7u5uja.jpg

6ujyjatu.jpg

8u7a5uva.jpg

Here some pics from the last couple of weeks. Work on it has been slow. We got both 14bolt shaved, and the links built. I am not one to
Highlight my mistakes but this may help someone in the future so here goes. Using the tmr customs shave kit seemed fairly simple. I got everything measured out and went to cutting. I followed there instructions as close as possible. I don't have a mill so I cut the housings with a reciprocating saw. When I got done cutting the housing which was not as hard as I thought. I had a freaking huge hole. Much bigger that what I expected. I double checked my starting point measurements and they where spot on. I scratched my head for a while and decided to make some 1/4 shims ( because that's how much I was off) formed the me the housing. I heated the house to the proper temp and started burning in the shims and finally the piece from the kit. Everything went pretty well from them on. With some grinding it should look much better than the pic above. When I started the rear housing I decided to cut in increments this time. I subtracted a 1/4" from the recommended measurement and started cutting. When I was done the housing was spot on. So I guess my conclusion would be if you are gonna use tmr's kit in my experience subtract a 1/4 from the recommended measurement before you cut. Has anyone else had this experience or am I a retard?

mygequ8y.jpg

y3udyqu6.jpg

pyma6yhy.jpg
ebusutuj.jpg

5e7u5uja.jpg

6ujyjatu.jpg

8u7a5uva.jpg

Here some pics from the last couple of weeks. Work on it has been slow. We got both 14bolt shaved, and the links built. I am not one to
Highlight my mistakes but this may help someone in the future so here goes. Using the tmr customs shave kit seemed fairly simple. I got everything measured out and went to cutting. I followed there instructions as close as possible. I don't have a mill so I cut the housings with a reciprocating saw. When I got done cutting the housing which was not as hard as I thought. I had a freaking huge hole. Much bigger that what I expected. I double checked my starting point measurements and they where spot on. I scratched my head for a while and decided to make some 1/4 shims ( because that's how much I was off) formed the me the housing. I heated the house to the proper temp and started burning in the shims and finally the piece from the kit. Everything went pretty well from them on. With some grinding it should look much better than the pic above. When I started the rear housing I decided to cut in increments this time. I subtracted a 1/4" from the recommended measurement and started cutting. When I was done the housing was spot on. So I guess my conclusion would be if you are gonna use tmr's kit in my experience subtract a 1/4 from the recommended measurement before you cut. Has anyone else had this experience or am I a retard?

me4ahame.jpg

This is the blue torch fab built 14bolt cover. The welds look like a preschool class did them.
a9uhy3uq.jpg

Here is my DIY blue torch cover for comparison.
In there defense I did purchase it as a blem. Hopefully they fired this guy.
zy8ata9u.jpg

Here is a video of the ring gear shaving process we used. I know I was not wearing safety glass, so I don't want to hear about it. Ha!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JalsOxT8HCM

asegy5ug.jpg

suqa6abu.jpg

I worked on the rear axle a little today. I opted for barnes4wd trusses. I have bought a bunch of stuff from them and their service and quality is second to none IMO. They are not the trickiest looking truss in the biz though. I decided to doll it up a little. I am about half done with it. I am planning on extending the truss both ways and putting some more dimples in it. We will see how it goes.