• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Just another yota"

Paulie said:
you do clean work, Damn!

Just gotta like doing it and take some time. Each vehicle is a reflection of me and My shop so I like it to be way clean.

Building stainless handrail for years will also give you quite the perception of "clean":;

definitely very clean work. i hate seeing sas' jobs hacked together, even though it's a pretty simple job you make it look way clean. i really like your front spring hangers and how they're designed to move the axle that far forward. what size tires does he plan to run?

Nice work on the crossmember. Brad and I did something very similar on Chris' swap. I think you have me beat on the shackle mount by about a half inch too. :haha: :corn:

normal_IMG_1482.jpg

jeffs88toy said:
can you finsh my toy I have no time .I need some of those front hangers and steering

I already sold you a crosmember and steering:looser:

And it looks like all you got done last weekend was some paint.

And if you'd hurry the hell up at Sandwith you would have time:flipoff:

TB-F said:
I already sold you a crosmember and steering:looser:

And it looks like all you got done last weekend was some paint.

And if you'd hurry the hell up at Sandwith you would have time:flipoff:
what where you doing today. you could of finsh the paint . fawk sandwith me and martin got in to it to day.

Toyotanut said:
is it done yet? Where's the new pics?

Just wait till this evning. I'm working on it right now, just got the body lift removed and the steering finished. Now on to the shock towers, brake lines and steering shaft. Then hopefully start on the bed:D

Pics and whatnot tonight.

Got back on it today.
My main goal was to get the frontend all finished and I came within 98% of that goal. Finishing the steering was the first task I attacked.

Got the box all bolted up and the pitman arm changed
100_0172.jpg

The tierod and draglink just clear, hope the draglink never gets bent backward or there will be major rubbage
100_0171.jpg

The next thing I did was remove the :rb: 3" boddy lift. The steering coloum needed to be leingthned due to mooving the box forward 3" but I needed to set the body down before getting mesurments for it. This involved all the little things you dont think about like removing old radiator drop brackets and whatnot.

Here you can see the steering coloum was already leingthned once.
100_0165.jpg

I cut out the old added in section and made one of these to put in it's place.
It slips inside the tube of the coloum with a lil bevel to weld to
100_0166.jpg

All done, A little paint and none will be the wiser:;
100_0167.jpg

Now that the body was set down I welded on the all-pro shock hoops.

All-pro's quality seems to be lacking recently. The welds on these hoops looked like hell and one of the steering arms was tapred too much:rolleyes:

100_0168.jpg

Now I was down to just some little stuff in the front. Putting the shocks on and getting the brakes plumbed.

First I drained the old fluid out of the lines:D
100_0174.jpg

Then I bent up some new hardlines for here and from the calipers to the braided lines. I allways cut the lil' tabs off the frame and save them to weld back on later so I have a easy place to mount the lines to.
100_0175.jpg

Here's the frontend all done with shocks and brakes. Just need to put the shock on the other side and a little paint and I can moove on to other areas.
100_0177.jpg

TB-F said:
:haha: :haha: :haha: No joke:;
Ya, their stuff is craptacular ain't it. I'm totally jealous of your lathe man, that steering shaft work is beautiful. :clappy: :clappy:

TB-F said:
Now that the body was set down I welded on the all-pro shock hoops.

All-pro's quality seems to be lacking recently. The welds on these hoops looked like hell and one of the steering arms was tapred too much:rolleyes:

100_0168.jpg
how did you bend that pipe nice it tighter than my