• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Just another yota"

TB-F

This is a customer's rig I am currently working on. It is the very escence of a simple and fairly standard toyota build with a few little tricks thrown in. It's a 198X xtra cab, fuelie, so-on. Getting a taylorbilt fab signiture SAS with axle moved way forward. hi-steer. bed bob and waggy springs all around. Right now it has a 3" boddy lift, 4" Inferior Front Suspension lift and rear blocks. After the SAS and rear spring swap the blocks and body lift are going bye-bye.

How she sat when it showed up, kina (OK really) tall. Note front axle location
100_0101.jpg

100_0099.jpg

30 minutes in and that Inferior Front Suspension is where it should be. On the ground on the way to scrap:;
100_0104.jpg

100_0105.jpg

Sweet! If its on its way to scrap anyway, can I have that IFS lift kit? :D

~T.J.

EDIT: In that last picture, I like the log for the stand, but most of all, I'm curious about the hitch pin clip looking thing seemingly floating in mid air right over the passenger side shock, lol.

Last edited:
84Toyota4x4 said:
EDIT: In that last picture, I like the log for the stand, but most of all, I'm curious about the hitch pin clip looking thing seemingly floating in mid air right over the passenger side shock, lol.

Haha! that's wedged in the end of the stock brake line I cut to keep it from leaking:;

Lift kits spoken for, sorry.

I was at work Sat:looser: from 5am to 4 pm. I hate working saturdays. And this is not my new toy. That is sitting partialy on my table in the form of a new frame, and partly in the alley in the form of a 89 4runner:D Look for a buildup thread "project 4ruggy" sometime in the next 2 weeks:stirpot:

And now, back to the show.

Oh, try stopping by on you'r way home from work, Mike. I should be around then.

So you're gonna have a 4ruggy, and i have a cruggy :clappy:

U gonna be around tomorrow night ethan? My steering arm is tacked and ready to be blown, and you're a bit closer than my other lover. :clappy:

Finaly got a chance to get back out in the shop for a few hours today and concentrated on finishing what I started last week, namley ditching the IFS.

Hopefully I can get a new batch of front hanger parts laser'd out this week as I used up all the ones I had

Got the frame roughed in all around and ready for final cleanup
100_0118.jpg

Nice pile of bracketry
100_0120.jpg

Frame rails are all nice and purdy now after a little grinding and sanding. Tommorow I will hopefully be able to box the engine mounts in, tear the bumper and valance off and get it ready for a new front hanger.. if I get my parts or get antsy and just cut them myself. I also need to make a new set of front shackles, bore some tube for frame bushings and other little stuff.

Nice clean blank slate:D
100_0121.jpg

snwbrdpunk16 said:
So you're gonna have a 4ruggy, and i have a cruggy :clappy:

U gonna be around tomorrow night ethan? My steering arm is tacked and ready to be blown, and you're a bit closer than my other lover. :clappy:

Bring it on by

TB-F said:
Lift kits spoken for, sorry.

I was at work Sat:looser: from 5am to 4 pm. I hate working saturdays. And this is not my new toy. That is sitting partialy on my table in the form of a new frame, and partly in the alley in the form of a 89 4runner:D Look for a buildup thread "project 4ruggy" sometime in the next 2 weeks:stirpot:

And now, back to the show.

Oh, try stopping by on you'r way home from work, Mike. I should be around then.

isn't the frame on the table supposed to be Don's? What happened to that project?

Toyotanut said:
isn't the frame on the table supposed to be Don's? What happened to that project?

Don keeps changing his mind about what he wants, now he thinks he wants a aluminum tub heep:rolleyes: so instead of storing his frame forever I am going to use it.

TB-F said:
Don keeps changing his mind about what he wants, now he thinks he wants a aluminum tub heep:rolleyes: so instead of storing his frame forever I am going to use it.

ahhhh..... that will definately be pretty trick with your custom frame and all