• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

project "no work" aka "ownwes FJ

TB-F

What to do at SWS when waiting for materials/drawings? Why work on the owners multi-year FJ40 project of course! At least if you'r a "A" list'r:haha:

This project started (looooong before my time so this is hearsay) with Phil (owner) wanting it tuned up. Jeff discovers that engine is frozen solid after cruzer sat for years. Convinces Phil that they should do a V8 swap wich leads to wanting to "clean up" the body wich leads to a full on frame off restoration. I come along and get asked to build the cage. Phil and Jeff had already welded in the B pillar hoop so that's what I am basing everything off of. Enjoy pics.

And yes, it's handrail tube:rolleyes: But this things a I5er and will never get wheeled so it's just there to look cool:D

Not used to a manual bender "talk about work! this thing sucks, at least it bends nice"
100_0008.jpg

100_0011.jpg

100_0009.jpg

Gotta love the old FJs! I like that color too. Nice work with the tube, I wish I got paid to play around with that stuff, haha.

~T.J.

Friday's progress

Jeff notched the dash to clear the down tubes

100_0022.jpg

More bars=more better. but only if they are placed in astheticly pleasing ways, er something.

100_0018.jpg

KarlVP said:
That is some smokin fitup work.

I'm coming over to drink beers and learn some stuff.

Phil said that that part of the shop was "phils toy shop" and not part of SWS. So we asked if that meant we could drink beer while we worked.

He said no :booo:

thecableguy2 said:
with all these pics, you sure are getting your moneys worth out of that camera.

more to come. Prety much finished the cage today but left camera at work:mad:

All I have to do tomorrow is a few tabs for the seats, a little welding and she's off to powdercoating:D

Hey, I know where that place is. You guys arent looking for a shop bitch with mild welding skills by any chance, are you?

~T.J.

Symon623 said:
Nice work.....Got a notcher for those joints?

If by a notcher you mean one 4 1/2" grinder with a cutoff wheel and another with a sanding pad, then yes, yes I do have a notcher.:D

Got the cage done. I like the way it turned out. Now it has to be sent off to powdercoating. We now have normal work so cruzer will be put on hold for at least a month so it will just sit in it's current condition colecting dust for now, but hey, it's used to it.

100_0061.jpg

100_0060.jpg

100_0063.jpg

Tied the seat mounts in to the cage too. Much cleaner than the other seat mount thet was made

100_0059.jpg

100_0057.jpg

New "dash" too. Much mo better than the stock one
Needs a new steering wheel too. That one just dosnt look right.

100_0065.jpg