• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Rusty, turning a rusty turd into a slightly less rusty turd...

Found a posting on Mud for the pulley I need for $10 but it's a few months old, hopefully he still has it.

I did this when I converted to power steering. 76 2F double groove pulley, water pump, alternator, and fan clutch. Only thing I am changing now is to a gm 1 wire alternator. All goes together easily.

Cool, I'm glad to know that it is just as simple as swapping the pump and pulley.

Looks like that guy still has that pulley, $15 shipped. Ordered my water pump, that was $30 shipped. I figure even if I still can't get the electric fan to fit in there, I'll just throw in a clutch/fan and that will solve my noise problem as well.

I picked up the ammo cans from Nick this weekend and got them mounted to the rack. I was able to fit all my recovery gear in them with a little room to spare.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397483377836.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397483377836.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 139
Looks good. I see my old home-made seat cover in the picture too. How does it fit, is it going to work out?

Yup, they fit fairly well. I had to add a couple more loops to each to hold them down since they were a little on the small side, after I did that they fit great.

Looks like the electric fan is a no go. I'd still be at least .25" off with the new pump and moving the radiator. So looks like I'll be having to track down a fan clutch/fan and a shroud if I want to quiet her down.

Finally got the top on the rear section of the cage. Its nothing fancy, but it should work well.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399187344404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399187344404.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 69
  • uploadfromtaptalk1399187362916.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399187362916.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 73