• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

Crash - Just read the post. This is on SICK ASS build you got going on here! If I was to build a Sami - this is EXACTLY what I would do! Expecially now that I'm running a 3RZ... Nice work! Now I know why you were asking about MC.... a RHD sami might fix the problem....hehe

:rockon:

Last edited:
Ok---I jumped back onto jacks rig and got a few more things done up. Well we finally found a master that I think will fit. if memory serves me correctly it came off a ZJ with disk brakes all the way around and--as you can see fits NICELY in its lil spot. Not to mention I didn't have to make an adapter place---just had to drill the firewall.. Hopefully this will do the trick :;

jack118.jpg

I also got the new clutch master--so on that went also.

jack119.jpg

And as I stated early on I was going to plate the back side of the firewall--so I did :;

jack120.jpg

And jack also ordered another lil goodie a couple weeks ago---one of those new BLING lil arb compresors--damn these things are JUST cute :D I had thought about putting it in the rear of the rig someplace but after some thought I decided to go ahead and put it on the firewall since there was a rather large spot that was just calling for it :D

jack121.jpg

crash said:
Ok---I jumped back onto jacks rig and got a few more things done up. Well we finally found a master that I think will fit. if memory serves me correctly it came off a ZJ with disk brakes all the way around and--as you can see fits NICELY in its lil spot. Not to mention I didn't have to make an adapter place---just had to drill the firewall.. Hopefully this will do the trick :;

jack118.jpg

On this master what did you do for a push rod? I need to do master upgrades on both my zooks. Any help I appreciate.

What year ZJ?

tclong said:
On this master what did you do for a push rod? I need to do master upgrades on both my zooks. Any help I appreciate.

What year ZJ?
it was not actually a ZJ that it came out of, maybe the same to fit one however this is the part in the picture ordered form rockauto.com.

1998 JEEP CHEROKEE 4.0L 242cid L6 MFI (S)

RAYBESTOS part # MC390303 Master Cylinder $ 75.79

I suppose in a couple months, I do believe that some cage is on the short list here soon.

Jeepless said:
I suppose in a couple months, I do believe that some cage is on the short list here soon.

Mike also had an old willy's dropped off at his shop for some work here soon too, so hopefully he kicks it into high gear and gets it done lol

I am going to spend the rest of this week on the rig --need to put some more dents in it. Once a good portion of the wiring is done then I am ready to start cuting it up more agressively..

Ok there 2.4 motors use a digital MAF unlike the early toys who used a analog/mechanical style. The 2.4 MAF on stock aplication was mounted near the air filter box on the fenderwell. Well since all of that stuff is no longer I had to figure something out for the MAF. So I went and modified the air assy that mounts on the valve cover(also known as an air muffler).

jack122.jpg

Did a bunch more work on the engine bay wiring. Its now 90% done (only circuit left to run is the alternator)... I was pretty happy with the routing..

jack123.jpg

One thing I found missing on the wiring was the E5 ecm plug..(along with the DLC).

jack124.jpg

So until we can find a plug here is the temp fix. When we get a new plug its just a matter of slapping the terminals into the connector.

jack125.jpg

And here is a start of the wiring on the passenger side under the dash. 95% of the ecm wiring is now done.

jack126.jpg