• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project "Secret Squirrel"

Looking great!!!! Maybe i mised this earlier in the thread, but is the factory gauge cluster going to be reused? Will the stock gauges even work with the new motor or are they just idiot lights? Whats the idea here??

Well I got another box of goodies. I decided to just slap these on for now so I could removed the c-clamps and make it a lil more safe to move the rig to the other stall. Plus the passenger side could use a curb on the inner u-bolt.

jack112.jpg

jack113.jpg

So since I had another day to work in the shop I was planning on getting my rig ready for the weekend but damn---I don't feel like stopping. So I came to the conclusion to go ahead and start digging into the engine/front wiring. So I went ahead and dug into the mess....

So I ripped the top off the winch and got the soloniods figured out and tapped into them for the in-cab winch control. At the same time I got the positive cable mounted and the winch ground done.

jack114.jpg

Here the front of the rig is almost 100% wired/roughed in. I went ahead and pre-wired the rig up for turn signals in case jack decides he wants them. I also made a bracket and went ahead and mounted the horn and also ran one other wire for a future circuit if need be. And as you can see the wiring goes to the center and then over to the motor. The reason for doing this is if we decide to dump alot of the sheet metal on the nose its a simple deal to jst shorten the harness for our needs...

jack115.jpg

And look---alot less wires strung all over the place. about 75% of the wires are roughly ran. Unfortunatly until we get a MAF sensor and alt I can only go so far with how it needs to be. But you kinda get the rough idea anyways..

jack116.jpg

jack117.jpg

NICELY done mike! I am confussed, looking at all that is a bit over whelming......does it come with a diagram?:D

GRNTACO said:
The wiring looks really good. You will need to write a new "operators manual".:redneck:

hahahaha:haha::haha::haha:

Otherwise poor jack wont know what to do if somthing breaks

ok...............

see picture ---- Now I'am just a wee bit curious on where your sticking the steering shaft at & how your running it down to the box?

care to explain?

Rock_Crusher said:
ok...............

see picture ---- Now I'am just a wee bit curious on where your sticking the steering shaft at & how your running it down to the box?

care to explain?

If you look at the pic below show image, looks like the steering will take some work but will clear, maybe an extra u-joint?. Now the Master brake cylinder might be a little touchier especially if a booster is used.

bobracing said:
If you look at the pic below show image, looks like the steering will take some work but will clear, maybe an extra u-joint?. Now the Master brake cylinder might be a little touchier especially if a booster is used.

YOU guys are so out of date, we had this discution already in regards to the MBC, no boost and we have 7 inchs of clearance....but I have faith in the fabricator....it will stop! if not then I will have th e perfect excuse to stay on the trail:kiss:

Crash, nice job on the harness building! The biggest task I took on like that for my truck so far was building a small harness that runs my 4 overhead lights and two cargo lights, which were wired to come on in pairs. I have an appreciation for what you're doing, thats for sure.

Anyway, someone mentioned a new operators manual, and it reminded me that I have a program I used to actually draw out the schematics of my harness I built in case something did go wrong, I could follow the color code of the wires and know which lights the wires go to and so one. Kinda nice!

Anyway, keep up the good work, I cant wait to see this thing work!

~T.J.

PS - Put something on that winch already, it looks so empty, lol.