• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Project Sublime YJ gets a V8!

Did you go with the ceramic coating to reduce heat in the engine bay? they sure do look nice though. :awesomework:

OK, some more pics:

Bitchin' Griffin aluminum radiator w/ shroud and SPAL fan assembly: (and yes, the remaining red paint has since been re-done)

013.jpg

014.jpg

0082.jpg

0102.jpg

0072.jpg

Figured along with the new cowl support plates, adding some tube (and flanges) between the fender and shock hoops would help tie everything in:

0152.jpg

0162.jpg

0132.jpg

0122.jpg

0112.jpg

And then yesterday afternoon, I got the new Genright fenders and cowl support plates back from being painted! Today we got it all bolted up. I must say I LOVE the look of the new Genright fenders. It was easiest for the painter just to do 'em all one color, one a little rock rash has set in on the fenders, I'll do the tubes black again.

008-1.jpg

009.jpg

010-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

And the fenders:

015.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

So we ran into a minor snag today. The Griffin radiator is huge, and hangs down about an inch lower than the factory unit. On full suspension compression, the steering linkage comes up and just contacts the lower radiator hose outlet on the passenger side. I think the best solution is going to be to cut the lower outlet off the radiator and re-attach it at an upward angle, rather than coming straight out as it does now. The radiator is going to Dean @ Bent Metal Customs tomorrow for the modification. Once that's done, we'll get radiator hoses on it and should be ready to run and warm up. Then the only parts I'm waiting on are the oil and trans. dipsticks and shift linkage from Lokar, which I'm hoping show up tomorrow. Also spent some time today touching up some black paint, tidying up some wiring, and a few other little detail items. Huge thanks to Eli for all the time spent fitting, refitting and installing parts and performing most of the swap, and Jason for handling the wiring aspect of things. Once it's all together, it's gonna go up to Performance Prep in Federal Way for some ECM programing and dyno tuning. I wanted to make a hangover run on Friday, but not looking like it's gonna happen.

John

That thing is getting very close to being too nice to wheel:; I've always been impressed by that jeep. Nice work.