• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane conversion parts in Seattle area?

junkyard jim

I have an Impco system on my '72 Ford with a 2 bbl Motorcraft that I want to swap into my motorhome (from 360 2bbl to '80 454 with QJ) but don't know where to find parts in the Seattle or nearby area.

The goofball who worked on this rig before screwed so many things up that all I want to do is make it movable so I can get it to my place.

So you have a 'running" 2bbl system and you want to put it on a 4bbl 454 just to get the motor-home moving.

Napa or Oriylies for a 2bbl to 4bbl adapter (or a 4bbl to 2bbl adapter upside down), extra gaskets and goop to get it sealed and pop in on. Make sure the cooling system is spot on, run a forklift tank strapped somewhere convenient, ask around to borrow a extra tank or two. Pace Propane in Redmond can order the HP hose pretty quickly, or you can buy it on-line. I'm sure there are other propane places that can get it. There is a couple forklift shop in Sodo but I have never been there to see if they are parts friendly. First one I'm thinking of is the forklift wrecking yard off Airport at Spokane st.

When your all done, I have a couple extra 4bbl mixers I might be willing to trade one for your 2bbl set up. No idea on the condition, have never run them, and I think they are square bore, but those adapters are easy to find. Would save me changing manifold for one of my trucks that sits alot and I would like to put on lpg.

This is only temporary to move the motorhome and I'll get the V8 Rochester setup later for the big beast. The 2 bbl MC2100 setup is going on my 304 in my Jeep Honcho with an AW4 this summer. I have plenty of big tanks for it. I've been planning LPG for a long time. Gasoline goes bad and so does diesel.