• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane idle adjustment.. Someone please to show me tha screw!!

kushKrawlin

Okay so I'm having a hard time, my rig idols way too low.. Never have problems zooming around the neighborhood, but in the woods I'm on the throttle nonstop so it won't go dead. I have done a lot of searching, and came up with this.. "There are two screws, One you shouldn't really mess with at all, The other is the idle adjustment.. I can't find which dam one! please if anyone wants to post A link or a picture of the screw It would be much appreciate!! Getting ready to go to Morris.. Really don't want to be on the throttle the whole time , tends to happen when the RPMs go up going down hills then come down , hell it happens a lot in the woods. Thank you in advance for any advice fellas.

Its the one that says "IDLE" next to it.

here is a pic.

I'm pretty sure that is just idle enrichment though (amount of fuel at idle). You set the idle speed with the throttle blade stop I assume.

DSC02184.JPG

Re: Propane idle adjustment.. Someone please to show me tha screw!!

I've adjusted both of the screws on mine. I just tinkered with it till it ran the best

Joe Eck

TBItoy said:
Its the one that says "IDLE" next to it.

here is a pic.

I'm pretty sure that is just idle enrichment though (amount of fuel at idle). You set the idle speed with the throttle blade stop I assume.

DSC02184.JPG
That's exactly what mine looks like! I wondered what that one adjusted, I knew better to mess with it.. What through me off is the lil screw on the other side that looks like it would be a idle screw.
al1tonyota said:
Take a picture of the linkage side of your carb base there should be a screw to adjust idle the same as you do a standard carb
This one is the one I was thinkin?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 258
Does your 4 barrel even open up? It looks like your rear throttle shaft arm is made for vacuum secondaries.

The little screw with the spring on it sets your idle by holding the butterflies open slightly.

You prob do need to put a small screw with a lock nut on it through the secondary throttle cam so the linkage arm will mechanically pull it open!

al1tonyota said:
You prob do need to put a small screw with a lock nut on it through the secondary throttle cam so the linkage arm will mechanically pull it open!
[/quote

Sumbitchll probably run like a raped ape after that!

Fellas fellas fellas. Yall do know who you're talking to right? Makes me feel stupid, but I have no clue about this ****. Nnever owned anything carbureted in my life except for lawnmowers and such. I learn something new every day from you guys. But I'm lost here. Dammit. If y'all are gonna be at RBD be sure if you say made to shoot me a bird get my attention somehow. Would like to meet Yall. I can tell you there is a zip tie holding something on tha lil plate with throttle link and all. The whole entire rig when I bought it was completely ****** rigged. I have pretty much three done anything and ****** rigged it my way Hhaha. But it's much better, I just don't mess with things that I do not know about I've learned my lesson! Really appreciate you guys helping.

I did that with one if mine, it drank propane so I then messed around with secondary so it comes on around 1/2 throttle so you get best of both worlds ... Something to think about , it works well but yA don't need it opening the seconds when your putting around, just move your screw down I adjust when it opens