• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

propane turbo issue

alscott

Im running a 22r with an impco 425 and model E converter. Balance tube is run as it should be from mixer to converter. This is a blow through system. It ran flawlessly except for a high idle of 3000-4000 rpm once it got to temp. I put a brand new impco 425 on it and it totally changed the way the motor sounds. Its like it totally cut the fuel out its getting to a 1/8 of what it was. The idle problem is fixed but as soon as I hit the gas it chokes out and will die. No air leaks, converter is not pushing propane. If i pull the top hat off the mixer to where it has a 1/4" gap or more from where it seals it runs perfect. Its like the top hat is choking the new mixer somehow. The new mixer is the only variable that has changed. Its setting on a holley base plate same as old one mixer was. Any thoughts other than putting the old mixer back on? Any help appreciated

Give me a call. I know we talked about this one several weeks back. Let me know if you found anything new. There was an issue with the old setup if it idled at 3K when hot. Something may be cracked and causing a vacuum leak when it heats up.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827, office
205-837-8871, mobile
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

altfuel1991 said:
Give me a call. I know we talked about this one several weeks back. Let me know if you found anything new. There was an issue with the old setup if it idled at 3K when hot. Something may be cracked and causing a vacuum leak when it heats up.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827, office
205-837-8871, mobile
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com

Ill call you in a few thanks