• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Propane Vs Fossil Fuel !

dessertrunner735

Does Anyone Run A Propane Conversion On There Wheeler? Ford,chevy,yota,what Ever. Where Are They Located/who Sells Them? Pros/cons ! Time To Install? Other Than The Obvious Propane Bottle What Else Do You Need- Can You Run Lp Or Do You Have To Boost The Psi ?

Propane conversion

Gotpropane.com

I run their whole conversion on my sm bk 400. Great throtle response from propane.

Does Anyone Run A Propane Conversion On There Wheeler? Ford,chevy,yota,what Ever. Where Are They Located/who Sells Them? Pros/cons ! Time To Install? Other Than The Obvious Propane Bottle What Else Do You Need- Can You Run Lp Or Do You Have To Boost The Psi ?

Does Anyone Run A Propane Conversion On There Wheeler? Yes

Where Are They Located/who Sells Them? www.gotpropane.com ; www.propaneguy.com ; www.ebay.com for piecing a kit together

Pros/cons ! Cheap fuel injection. Simple setup. 110 octane. / availability on the trail

Time To Install? 2-8 hours depending on tools and unforseen roadblocks in routing lines and mounting

Other Than The Obvious Propane Bottle What Else Do You Need- Mixer, regulator, lockoff, hoses

Can You Run Lp Or Do You Have To Boost The Psi ? Fill yer forklift tanks at the local gas station or wherever you fill your grill and run it

:cool:

could you run the propane through your fuel injection system with a bypass valve so you could run both gas and propane? say for high altitude crawlin. does it still mix like a fuelinjected motor? :stirpot:

could you run the propane through your fuel injection system with a bypass valve so you could run both gas and propane? say for high altitude crawlin. does it still mix like a fuelinjected motor? :stirpot:

I don't think propane can run easily through a fuel injection system but I very well may be wrong. I know there are dual fuel setups but I think they usually switch between carb'd gas and propane...

HUMMMMM! NEED TO THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A BIT ! YOU WOULD THINK YOU COULD , AFTER ALL IT IS GOING FROM A LIQUID TO VAPOR ! I WONDER IF THE INJECTOR WOULD STICK FROM LACK OF LUBRICATION ( FROM NOT HAVING FUEL) THE THE PUMP IN YOU TANK ? WHAT YA THIN:awesomework: K ? ANYONY ! :stirpot: