• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Pros/cons of ORV tabs?

If you are at all street legal don't switch to Orv tabs only. Few of the wheeling areas are Orv parks were your ok on gravel roads, national forest lands will be any gravel road ur fawked. And they watch. Rimrock, Naches are two examples

Even if that is the case, I have zero issue buying an Oregon ORV tab for not only the price, but the maintenance and quality of their ORV areas.

I agree, they do a nice job. ALL of my quads and RZR are Oregon ORV tabbed, fawk paying WA when I hardly even use them here.

So how do I go about getting a tag/tab/sticker for a non street legal, trailered trail rig? I have the title from when it was originally a Toyota 4Runner and a discovery pass for my tow rig.

Any DoL subagent can take the title and convert it.

I agree, they do a nice job. ALL of my quads and RZR are Oregon ORV tabbed, fawk paying WA when I hardly even use them here.

Do you really want less ORV opportunities in WA?
That is what you are accomplishing.
You are also making our sport looks smaller, making it even easier for the Legislature to not give a ****.

And if you get cited and end up before a real dickhead judge you can get up to a year in jail per rig registered out of state with intent to evade state registration or fees.

IIRC the Oregon tab has reciprocity in WA. Don't quote me on that though.

Even though mine is hammered, I still keep DOL tabs on it and buy an Oregon ORV permit every two years.

If you wheel of road in WA and don't buy ORV tabs, who do you think should be paying for access and facilities where you recreate in WA?

You are also making our sport looks smaller, making it even easier for the Legislature to not give a ****.

And if you get cited and end up before a real dickhead judge you can get up to a year in jail per rig registered out of state with intent to evade state registration or fees.

He's not registering his vehicles out of state...

You should probably be up on other state's laws before you attack someone.

And if you get cited and end up before a real dickhead judge you can get up to a year in jail per rig registered out of state with intent to evade state registration or

Honestly dnr and the feds are a business. Since we are "paying" customers, we are going to go recreate where we get more for our dollar... Oregon = $12 every ohv park in state for 2 years, all ohv areas are above and beyond. Washington = it's been so long since I bought dnr pass so I might be off.. but $30 for tow rig, 30 for wheeler and what's evans?? $40 for year?? That's a $100 to just go to 2 areas 40 min from my house. Maybe with no revenue the parks will fail and they will look at restructuring to compensate for their "customers" needs ...

Last edited:

And if you get cited and end up before a real dickhead judge you can get up to a year in jail per rig registered out of state with intent to evade state registration or

Honestly dnr and the feds are a business. Since we are "paying" customers, we are going to go recreate where we get more for our dollar... Oregon = $12 every ohv park in state for 2 years, all ohv areas are above and beyond. Washington = it's been so long since I bought dnr pass so I might be off.. but $30 for tow rig, 30 for wheeler and what's evans?? $40 for year?? That's a $100 to just go to 2 areas 40 min from my house. Maybe with no revenue the parks will fail and they will look at restructuring to compensate for their "customers"...

OR is 10$ :redneck:

The dealer has the option to charge $10.50 and keep $.50

[Honestly dnr and the feds are a business. Since we are "paying" customers, we are going to go recreate where we get more for our dollar... Oregon = $12 every ohv park in state for 2 years, all ohv areas are above and beyond. Washington = it's been so long since I bought dnr pass so I might be off.. but $30 for tow rig, 30 for wheeler and what's evans?? $40 for year?? That's a $100 to just go to 2 areas 40 min from my house. Maybe with no revenue the parks will fail and they will look at restructuring to compensate for their "customers" needs ...
You do not get 'more' for your dollar when you have to drive 200 miles to get there. You easily exceed any perceived savings with your fuel costs.

Regarding Tod's post; I'm a PNW4WDA member. A local club member. and a WOHVA member. I appreciate what you're doing to keep access, and keep a watch on the legislature. However, your postings seem negative in content, which fails to bring together the groups. Take the exact same words, but spin them in a positive manner. (the old 'honey' v. 'vinegar' analogy.)

However, your postings seem negative in content, which fails to bring together the groups. Take the exact same words, but spin them in a positive manner. (the old 'honey' v. 'vinegar' analogy.)

True enough.

Sometimes it just gets old hearing people bragging about taking actions that hurt their own sport. It makes a guy wonder why bother spending hundreds of hours working for free every year to protect our sport when the efforts are offset by people within our sport.

Last edited:
True enough.

Sometimes it just gets old hear people bragging about taking actions that hurt their own sport. It makes a guy wonder why bother spending hundreds of hours working for free every year to protect our sport when the efforts are offset by people within our sport.

It's not bragging.. we are building and maintaining access roads for free for timber company's/government. Like I said there's more value for people's dollar in other states per how some of their systems are set up. Some of us are looking for more than gravel roads and rock piles... So I should donate a bunch of money when I get nothing I want to paid or even fought for, and then get shoved "this is better than nothing" propaganda down my face? You want people to stay donate and contribute to your area then as all business's you need to provide to your customers needs and wants... and a lot of us don't want gravel roads. I don't think my views are wrong or how feel about this. But for some reason it's taboo to speak views against your propaganda....

You do not get 'more' for your dollar when you have to drive 200 miles to get there. You easily exceed any perceived savings with your fuel costs.

Regarding Tod's post; I'm a PNW4WDA member. A local club member. and a WOHVA member. I appreciate what you're doing to keep access, and keep a watch on the legislature. However, your postings seem negative in content, which fails to bring together the groups. Take the exact same words, but spin them in a positive manner. (the old 'honey' v. 'vinegar' analogy.)

Aww.. but the quality of wheeling I get for the price does provide me "more" for my dollar.. I'm only negative because I don't agree with you or because I'm speaking how I see all this?

No maybe.
They will fail.
Then we will banned.
That has been the goal of some upper level land management agency staff.
Do you want them to succeed at their goal?

So if they do fail.... then changes will be made to bring revenue back?? So I'm understanding correct.. upper level management doesn't want our revenue?
If they do succeed in their goal, I guess they'll have to invent a gate I can't drive around.... the first 2 comments are serious

Not sure why the personal attacks either.

I use my Jeeps in WA as well as everywhere else. I pay my tabs, I buy my Discovery pass and NW Forest Pass, I pay to camp at certain campgrounds, and I spend thousands of dollars per year supporting local economy's when I go wheeling. I fuel locally, even if it's more expensive in Burnett, at Whistlin' Jacks, etc.

I also personally donated $2,500 + to WOHVA and plan on doing similar this year. I'm a busy fawking guy so I don't get 'in the trenches' helping as much as I'd like, so I support in ways I can.

In WA, the sand dune areas suck, so my sand toys get used in Oregon. My ATVs and RZR are OR ORV tabbed. It's not just because it's cheaper, it's because the money goes to maintain the facilities I use. When I go riding, with a 40' trailer and truck and family of six, a long weekend can easily cost me a grand, so don't say I'm buying the pass because it's a few bucks cheaper.

If you are trying to get more support for WA parks with that attitude, you may try another approach.

So if they do fail.... then changes will be made to bring revenue back?? So I'm understanding correct.. upper level management doesn't want our revenue?
If they do succeed in their goal, I guess they'll have to invent a gate I can't drive around.... the first 2 comments are serious

IN 2009 the upper level of the DNR, including the Commissioner of Public Lands did not oppose the Legislature stealing our ORV funds even though it cost the DNR over 3 million dollars and the equivalent of 35 full time employees.

They have demonstrated that they are willing to lose out on the revenue if it provides an anti-ORV outcome.

A normal business model cannot be applied to that state agency.