• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Raptor 700?

Little Red Zuk

Anybody own or ride one of these yet? Been kicking around the idea of one, but wanted to know if anybody has compared to the Rappy 660. The 660 is a bit heavy for me, but I hear the 700 is supposed to be lighter, and the fuel injection appeals to me. Thoughts or opinions?

ive riddin one several times! Its a kick in the pants load of fun, i didnt think it was all that heavy myself and the whole fuel injection set-up is really nice for elevation channge and such. It also doesnt seem as top heavy as the 660 cause they widdened the stance of the 700, o and its fast!

I have a pretty built 660 and it eats most 700's. That said, the 700 is better handling and the fuel injection is nicer than the 660's twin carbs. That said, for the price of a 700, you can make the 660 faster and handle very well. Thats why i still have my 660, its finally to the point that it will out handle and out run most 700's.

I have a pretty built 660 and it eats most 700's. That said, the 700 is better handling and the fuel injection is nicer than the 660's twin carbs. That said, for the price of a 700, you can make the 660 faster and handle very well. Thats why i still have my 660, its finally to the point that it will out handle and out run most 700's.

660 has two carbs?!?! Last I checked it only had one cylinder. :eeek:

i have a raptor 700. the fuel injection is very nice and very fast. the stance is wider so it is not as top heavy as the old 660. and there are alot of after market parts out there that would make it compete very well with other built quads. you just cant beat fuel injection. no adjustments needed for any altitude.

I personally own a Suzuki LT-R450 and its the chit! I would either go with the LT-R450 or YFZ450 but if you plan on racing at all the suzuki is built for it.. Stance is 3" wider then any other production quad out there.. Id say upgraded about the same the suzuki is faster.. I have 2 friends with yfz and they are fast. I can keep up and beat one but the other has alot of money in it so he wins.

660 has two carbs?!?! Last I checked it only had one cylinder. :eeek:

Ya two carbs. They're the same exact carbs bolted together side by side, but have different jetting specs in each, different fuel screw adjustments, even different needle clip positons. Makes jetting Uber fun. But once dialed in they're good. Oh, dual exhaust too........

For easy jetting (none), easy mods and good all around performance you can't go wrong with the 700.

I'm lazy, and hate dealing with jetting. Not riding track at all, just trail and dunes, and have no need to be the be all fastest. Just want a nice reliable quad, but with more power and suspension options than my Warrior:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm lazy, and hate dealing with jetting. Not riding track at all, just trail and dunes, and have no need to be the be all fastest. Just want a nice reliable quad, but with more power and suspension options than my Warrior:D

Then the 700 is just right for you!:awesomework:

Ya two carbs. They're the same exact carbs bolted together side by side, but have different jetting specs in each, different fuel screw adjustments, even different needle clip positons. Makes jetting Uber fun. But once dialed in they're good. Oh, dual exhaust too........

For easy jetting (none), easy mods and good all around performance you can't go wrong with the 700.
Interesting. I hate carbs, makes me glad I have EFI on my Griz. :D I should'a known based on the exhaust too, didn't even think of that...

I have a pretty well built 660r as well... so far it has beat the pants off of all the 700's I have been up against.

A very fun and fast ride!

I just want to get some custom plastic for mine now....

If your a bigger guy the 700 is a great trail bike. It would be my second chice forsure
:cool:

The 700 is a good bike for trail riding and cruising the dunes. Nothing too exciting about it, just a nice, simple bike. That being said, the 450 kicks its ass:fawkdancesmiley:

I WANT a 700!!, I rode a 660. It was nice for the first ride. But the 700 is supposed to be WAY better from everything I hear. I Like the 450's but those are more of a "track" Quad. I want the 700 cause you can ride the SOB all day at the dunes and not be AS hammered the next day. I'm a *****, I want a more comfy ride :fawkdancesmiley:

i like hijacking so i will do this.

I almost traded my mustang for my roomies 660 raptor thats punched to 710 with every bit of suspension work done. But i knew i would hurt myself. Hes selling it for 3 grand, Plastic is hurt but otherwise a perfect ride. Comes with several sets of tires too.