• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Raptor 700?

I have an ltz400, It is a great ride. It doesn't have enough power in the sand for my petite 250 lb frame. For a 160lb guy it would be great. I have rode the yfz450s and I wasn't impressed at all. Not much more than my piped and jetted 400 if any. If you like to shift alot and ride it like a ricer car then I guess it would be fine. With that said I got on a stock raptor 700............Thats my next quad, torque is awesome, with me on a 700 raptor it I know its faster than any 450 with me riding it. 10 years ago I would have went 450 but torque is more important for less fatigue IMHO. Pipe and program a 700 raptor and you will never go back to a little 450, the extra 40 pounds of quad is nothing with all the power (torque). Shifting in the turns becomes optional instead of mandatory. But if your not in the sand all the time just buy a 400, it is cheaper and it put miles of smiles on my face. :beer:

I have an ltz400, It is a great ride. It doesn't have enough power in the sand for my petite 250 lb frame. For a 160lb guy it would be great. I have rode the yfz450s and I wasn't impressed at all. Not much more than my piped and jetted 400 if any. If you like to shift alot and ride it like a ricer car then I guess it would be fine. With that said I got on a stock raptor 700............Thats my next quad, torque is awesome, with me on a 700 raptor it I know its faster than any 450 with me riding it. 10 years ago I would have went 450 but torque is more important for less fatigue IMHO. Pipe and program a 700 raptor and you will never go back to a little 450, the extra 40 pounds of quad is nothing with all the power (torque). Shifting in the turns becomes optional instead of mandatory. But if your not in the sand all the time just buy a 400, it is cheaper and it put miles of smiles on my face. :beer:

All my friends ride 450's. I've ridden them all from bone stock to piped/jetted/cam/etc. and i also wasn't too impressed. Like you said, you have to wring em out so far to get power out of em, and they're pretty uncomfortable to ride all day. I always compare the raptor vs 450 debate like an old big block muscle car vs a tuner car. They might get the same place at the same time in a race, but the torque of the raptors is what I like. Coming out of a tree shot in the dunes or looking up a huge hill climb, thats what counts. my .02........

Basically as stated if your not a very good rider a raptor would probly be a better bike as it is easier to ride because you dont shift as much. But if you have skills go yfz and say bye bye :D

It like comparing a CR500 to a XR600

Last edited:
Basically as stated if your not a very good rider a raptor would probly be a better bike as it is easier to ride because you dont shift as much. But if you have skills go yfz and say bye bye :D

Uh ya, no...........

Uh ya, no...........

Uh, actually, yeah. We own both. The raptor is a lot easier to ride, but if you know how to ride the 450 will kick it's ass all day long, hands down. With simple needle and jet changes the 450 will gain some bottom end and still keep the top. Plus you can adjust the shocks out far enough to make it ride decent and it will still soak up the bigger stuff. All ya'll that say the 450 is a track only bike are a bunch of pansie fawkers:gay: :stirpot:

:fawkdancesmiley: :fawkdancesmiley:

Your stoned, as for jetting the little 450, do a programmer and pipe to a raptor 700 and you.:rolleyes: Most of us don't ride on a track all the time but I bet I can ride a raptor 700 faster than you can ride your 450 on a track.:kiss:

Ps I wouldn't recommend a raptor for "not a very good rider" I would recommend it for an advanced rider who doesn't want to ride like a race bike all day.:stirpot:

Your stoned, as for jetting the little 450, do a programmer and pipe to a raptor 700 and you.:rolleyes: Most of us don't ride on a track all the time but I bet I can ride a raptor 700 faster than you can ride your 450 on a track.:kiss:

Ps I wouldn't recommend a raptor for "not a very good rider" I would recommend it for an advanced rider who doesn't want to ride like a race bike all day.:stirpot:

I was told you rode like a girl anyways :kiss:

Hahaha do the same thing to the suzuki ltr450 with the cherry bomb and the big raptor looks more like a ant because its so far away..

Well I have owned and ridden an 04 YFZ450 and now an 04 660 raptor. I loved my 450 when I had it. Fastest quad I had ridden with it piped, jetted, and k&n'ed. It was impressive for sure.I sold it due to financial reasons. Then I bought an 04 raptor 660 with a slip on pipe, jetted, and k&n'ed. I love this far more than the yfz mainly because I am a big guy and the torque rocks. That and the 450 was a jetting bitch. It needed jetting with almost any elevation change. My rappy is the same but not so touchy. I like the raptor better for all around riding. I defenitely thing the 450 is faster but requires alot more rider input. Now as far as roccrawler racing fullywrecked I know fullywrecked will win fo sho! He is crazy and will likely kick his opponent or sabatage the opponents quad, and thats still a win in my book!

Last edited:
Now as far as roccrawler racing fullywrecked I know fullywrecked will win fo sho! He is crazy and will likely kick his opponent or sabatage the opponents quad, and thats still a win in my book!

I was gonna invite him to race with me this weekend. But now reading this, He will probly shank me in a turn :redneck:

I was gonna invite him to race with me this weekend. But now reading this, He will probly shank me in a turn :redneck:

Once I am ahead I will fart skunk style and you will have to turn and run the other way to get away from the smell.:kiss:

I may ride like a girl but I stink like a skunk!

I also have the ltz400 with all the miner mods, but in winchester this year I dropped one tooth count on the front sprocket which made a big difference on the hills.

Once I am ahead I will fart skunk style and you will have to turn and run the other way to get away from the smell.:kiss:

I may ride like a girl but I stink like a skunk!

So this is great how are we going to car and trailer pool to the racetrack with you stinking like this?:puke: You are on your own now pal!:cheer: The funniest part of this is that I am going to beat both you skunk ass pusses cause I have a BIG BAD RAPT WHORE! HAHA:fawkdancesmiley: :kissmyass:

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is great how are we going to car and trailer pool to the racetrack with you stinking like this?:puke: You are on your own now pal!:cheer: The funniest part of this is that I am going to beat both you skunk ass pusses cause I have a BIG BAD RAPT WHORE! HAHA:fawkdancesmiley: :kissmyass:

You must have got the NOS hooked up :awesomework: