• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

Re: Re: Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

Dirt700 said:
There is plenty of clearance between that lower ball joint, a stick must have hit it just right

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

dang, that sucks

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

smbroady82 said:
dang, that sucks
Yep, gonna silicone this one up for the weekend and order a new one

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

smbroady82 said:
I was talking about the super kingpin knuckles (not the 250-350 stuff) , I don't see how it can be any lighter. Especially if you run regular sized brakes.

I was also talking about the super KP outers. And you need to run brakes for the Magnum stuff too.

Woodlee said:
Have you weighed the two next to each other?

I haven't.

I would be very impressed if a Crane Magnum inner C + outer knuckle + Rockwell spindle + Rockwell hub + bearings + drive flange was lighter than a Reid super KP inner C + outer knuckle + a unit bearing.

Plus the stub shaft of the Reid super KP is shorter and probably lighter than the longer one that would be required to fit through a Rockwell spindle.

I can post weights tomorrow since I have a set of Reid Super KP and a scale available. It would be cool to see if you can weight the Crane Magnum stuff too. I'm all about accurate tech and I'd love to compare.

kmcminn said:
That maybe a good option if the lower eliminators doesnt work out. Some Branik 1550s with 40 spline inners.

I'm not sure what people are doing about joints though?

For that price you can get the Ouverson shafts + violator joints.

I'd go rcv and be done no matter the knuckle choice....no warranty on 40 spline ouverson stuff...
41ea0e56c292648214b55fe68a07b772.jpg

Damn that's pretty impressive.

Rcv is the best company in offroading I have ever dealt with. Period.

sleepsontoilet said:
Do it, I kinda want to see how well they do long term since they have no warranty. I'm too poor to throw out 7K for shafts right now. :stir:

That's why I'm doing all this to go with RCVs. No way I'm getting something that expensive without a warranty.

Who here has broke the small bell rcv's? im just trying to figure out if its worth it for me to spend another 2k on the big bells.

Top left is inner C
Top right is outer knuckle
Bottom left is brakes
Bottom right is unit bearing

The only thing missing would be the king pin kit and the high steer arms.

Weight with the lightweight brake kit (branik hats, rotors and wilwood 4 pot calipers) :

Weight with the stock brakes :

notmpwr said:
Who here has broke the small bell rcv's? im just trying to figure out if its worth it for me to spend another 2k on the big bells.
1 time in over 5 years of beatdowns.

notmpwr said:
Were they the 300m's or 4340?
300m. As bent as my old housing was I'm sure that didn't help. I honestly think it broke the inner first because the bell didn't crack. The end of the inner and inside the bell looked like it had been in a blender.

Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

notmpwr said:
You break it....you buy it.... Again.
I ran 300m Branik shafts in my JHF portal car with 4340 RCV Hummer bells. I measured the shafts using the RuffStuff gauge, and accounted for a center pin. Jesse Haines said don't run the clip to keep the shafts in the bells, and I never paid attention to the Grizzly locker not having a center pin. This allowed the shaft to walk 1.25" and stripped the splines in the star and the 300m shaft. I purchased the RCVs second hand, but new never ran.

RCV priority shipped me replacement parts and I didn't even cover shipping. Stan Haynes never implied a warranty and I never asked. While he didn't just send a free shaft overnighted to me. He did give me a ridiculously hefty discount and prioritize sending it to the heat treater. Neither had to step up for something that was completely my mistake. I would still gladly buy Branik or RCV again even without a free replacement warranty.
903357b7bddfb0e1f429a1309a9fb646.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

sleepsontoilet said:
I ran 300m Branik shafts in my JHF portal car with 4340 RCV Hummer bells. I measured the shafts using the RuffStuff gauge, and accounted for a center pin. Jesse Haines said don't run the clip to keep the shafts in the bells, and I never paid attention to the Grizzly locker not having a center pin. This allowed the shaft to walk 1.25" and stripped the splines in the star and the 300m shaft. I purchased the RCVs second hand, but new never ran.

RCV priority shipped me replacement parts and I didn't even cover shipping. Stan Haynes never implied a warranty and I never asked. While he didn't just send a free shaft overnighted to me. He did give me a ridiculously hefty discount and prioritize sending it to the heat treater. Neither had to step up for something that was completely my mistake. I would still gladly buy Branik or RCV again even without a free replacement warranty.

I called branik about the possibility of some 1550 shafts and he told me the options and price and when I asked about warranty they said I probably wouldn't break it but if I did it wouldn't be covered.

Not saying they wouldn't discount it on the second go around I just can't see spending 3k+ on some shafts that don't have a warranty when rcv's are cheaper for the small bell shafts and have a amazing warranty and are probably stronger especially since 1550 u joints are limited.

I had rcv build some custom shafts for a mr2 k series swap car and the customer destroyed one at the track and they covered it. That's some serious customer service.