• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rcv questions???

reedracing87

powered by ford! what else is there?
Was just on rcv because tryin to see if them made my type of shafts I need then got curious started pricing the d44 vs d60 pretty close to same price...so it left me with qestions ok everyone is running 60s alot with rcvs in them ok why don't anyone run the 44 with rcvs wouldn't they be lighter & plus you can find them for next to nothing...is it the knuckles being weak or ring gear not strong enough? Just curious & wanted some of your guys thoughts on this!

Re: Re: rcv questions???

They run a 60 for all the reasons you asked.

However...ive seen some D44 R&P hold up to some good abuse on rigs with less than 38" tires.

My LP waggy 44 recently chewed up a chromo axle after nearly 2 years and wheelin almost EVERY weekend.

FWIW, i jus sold a D60 because i decided to RCV my D44 and stick with some 36 or 37's.

60's are good if your gonna go rock bouncin/tossin some good HP to the ground.

I run RCVs in my 44 with 37 red labels and I've had good luck so far...

So the r&p will break b4 rcv will im not in the market for them or anything just trying to gain some knowledge how about a 9inch center with rcv ?

I've never heard of anyone breaking a 44 RCV before. Mine are 300M stub and bell with 4340 inner and I'm only worried about my R&P. I run 37s.

One of the guys in our club broke a RCV in a HP44. Can't remember if he was on the 38 SX's or the BFG Red Labels. I'd have to go look back an see what the verdict was. I know he wheels with a very light foot tho. Ill try to find the info when I get to the house.

I don't understand how half tons can hold up to 1200 hp mud racing with 38x11 cut bogger but wont hold up to a 300hp rig trail riding I had a 79 bronco with half tons 39.5 bogger rear 500 gear 38.5x11 boggers up front with a 488 gear 521 bbf that was alil over 800hp at the crank I could launch it on pavement leaving@ 4000rpm& it would hold up but be fore I started racing I had same axles with 411s& 408 stroker 4speed on 38.5 cut boggers no matter what I was doing on the trails id blow the axles out of the front :dunno:

My 60 RCV shafts are still going strong after 2 years. That's the only shaft I haven't broken in a buggy. Guess I'm gonna try harder New Years

i know someone who broke an rcv outter on a custom narrowed HP D44 (narrowed to waggy width). First thing he broke when he built the axle was a R&P but now runs cryoed R&P and ARB and since then broke the rcv outter.

it can happen.... he just has a heavy right foot.

Re: Re: Re: rcv questions???

xjkrawler said:
i know someone who broke an rcv outter on a custom narrowed HP D44 (narrowed to waggy width). First thing he broke when he built the axle was a R&P but now runs cryoed R&P and ARB and since then broke the rcv outter.

it can happen.... he just has a heavy right foot.

Tim?

I'm fixing to do the Jantz Engineering Jana K4 kit on my Waggy 44 to upgrade the R&P to go along with my RCVs. I also run a 8.8 rear.

replaces the standard 8.5 ring and pinion with a JK 8.9 ring and pinion.

reedracing87 said:
Do u have rcv in the 8.8 or jus chromes in it?
I actually have stock 8.8 shafts in the rear. I've never had an issue with the rear end yet.