• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

real estate, the economy, etc...

muchado

Alright where the hell is the economy going?! Right now seems to be a buyers market from what everyone's tellin me, homes r on teh cheep. I know guys like Brad are real-estate savvy, can someone offer me insight on if this is a good time to get into my first house?

MUCHADO said:
Alright where the hell is the economy going?! Right now seems to be a buyers market from what everyone's tellin me, homes r on teh cheep. I know guys like Brad are real-estate savvy, can someone offer me insight on if this is a good time to get into my first house?
buy cheaper than you are pre-approved for. No matter the economy IMO. I was up for 160K and wanted to spend 100 or less, but they were too shitty, went to 122 and still feel I spent too much.

Bones said:
buy cheaper than you are pre-approved for. No matter the economy IMO. I was up for 160K and wanted to spend 100 or less, but they were too shitty, went to 122 and still feel I spent too much.

I am looking at 3 today with my realtor out in Stilwell---right at 199th street. All 3 have room for a shop out back and plenty of junker cars thumb.gif. laughing1

Agreed on not going for what I can get pre-approved for. I was looking at a $120k a few months ago... got pre-approved for that. She said I had some room to go too but I told her I don't even want to know. The ones I'm looking at today are low 100's. One street over is $200-500k houses all on large lots.

wngrog said:
It is a great time to buy.....

I love my new house.... thumb.gif And feel like I got in it really well for what it is , were it is, and the lot its on. Im pretty stoked.

P said:
I love my new house.... thumb.gif And feel like I got in it really well for what it is , were it is, and the lot its on. Im pretty stoked.

P yours is definetly pimpin' son!! I'm not looking at anything that nice. Drove by the one i posted in Olathe, that particular neighborhood was beanerville... not gonna move there... laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

The 3 houses I'm lookin' at are 12 miles from Bonitas.

MUCHADO said:
P yours is definetly pimpin' son!! I'm not looking at anything that nice. Drove by the one i posted in Olathe, that particular neighborhood was beanerville... not gonna move there... laughing1 laughing1 laughing1

The 3 houses I'm lookin' at are 12 miles from Bonitas.
1st you would have fit in. :flipoff1:

2nd 12miles is too damn far. Get a Winnebego, and park it in there lot.

InDaShop said:
1st you would have fit in. :flipoff1:

2nd 12miles is too damn far. Get a Winnebego, and park it in there lot.
X2

X2 I am 8 miles from the peelers and that's too far for a mildly drunk spur of the moment tit run. :woody:

Why stay in Kansas? You are young and you have your health...why stay in that state?

wngrog said:
Why stay in Kansas? You are young and you have your health...why stay in that state?

Why not? I have friends, family, good job in Kansas... I lived in California and Florida both---and every place has it's downsides---only thing that bugs me about Kansas is the winters.

DavidsCJ7 said:
Did the guy who moved BACK to Mississippi just slam on Kansas?

funny one david. rob that is a good point though. if you want to live in diff places now is the time. i always kick myself for not moving out to colorado after college.

Matt O. said:
funny one david. rob that is a good point though. if you want to live in diff places now is the time. i always kick myself for not moving out to colorado after college.

Good point but this is a hard time to be switching jobs. I am happy with my current job/future outlook so moving isn't as easy as it sounds. You really gotta have some opportunities waiting to make it worth moving IMHO...

MUCHADO said:
Good point but this is a hard time to be switching jobs. I am happy with my current job/future outlook so moving isn't as easy as it sounds.
I give it 2-3 years and you will be like errr one else. Everyday is like Office Space.

yeappp we have a stapler ninja here at work... laughing1

Damned if u do damned if you don't. :flipoff1: Honestly though to answer the why Kansas thing, I really have no desire to move. Alabama and California are great vacation spots, but both could drive me nuts if I were to live there...

I miss the **** out of living in Kansas sometimes. Call it homesick.

You couldn't get me to live out west. I'll visit thank you very much. I love COLO, but the hippie treehuggers wear on me too fast.
I lived in Chicago for a while, and it was too much concrete/urban for me. I need to be able to get in a car and drive. Cabs and public trans everywhere get old.
Bama & Miss do nothing for me. I love the Low Country in South Carolina though.
Texas......well its big. I prefer to live in the Hill Country, but work keeps me near Houston. Houston while not bad, is borderline too urban for me. I think thats why I crave to wheel is to get away from people and get back to nature. blah blah

Rob buy Bonitas and live upstairs.