• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rear steer control location

briejer

I'm getting close to the time of mounting the rear steer toggle. It is a 3" or so high toggle. It is electric and could easily be mounted anywhere..

Please post up a picture, or tell me where you would put it, and why?

Thank, Robin

Don't know what happened to the pictures. But I have the handle off of a electronically controlled machine gun from work.

The trigger is similar to a "fighter jet" control stick. It has two toggles on the face, and one switch in the middle. Then it has a trigger.

I wanted to use it as my shift handle for the jeep so I could run winch controls and such. But haven't gotten around to it yet. I would think someone with a buggy could use it for f/r winches rear steer, ARB controls Line locks, or whatever they use on a regular basis without having to do the "Becca Webster" million handles and levers and switches thing.

EDIT: Found the pictures.
dsc00124vr7.jpg

dsc00119ar4.jpg

Last edited:
I think the best spot is right next to the drivers seat so you can control it easily and maybe put it just behind your tranny shifter so you can just move your hand forward in the times you need to reverse out of something and hit your shifter just my thought