• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear Steer Prices?

I really need to do a little topic on how to make a $50 centering kit then...
There is no way in hell I would run a Stazworks kit. I know it's a good product but damn it's overpriced !

Bebop said:
There is no way in hell I would run a Stazworks kit. I know it's a good product but damn it's overpriced !

Please do! I want to eventually go rear steer too and don't want to spend a fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a very simple thing, based on 2 inductive prox sensors and an old car shock.
It only works if you have an hydro valve with electrical solenoids like so :

63ffcdebfbfce8407aca8ff8c32da5bb.jpg

A log splitter valve won't work for self centering.

I'd probably use a small air cylinder (you can get prox switches that mount to the cylinder tie rods also)

One advantage a log splitter valve has is ability to proportionally control flow. can't do that with a solenoid valve, and I don't think anyone is using a servo valve for rear steer on a crawler that ive seen

Two momentary foot switches. He said it became second nature. His left foot would just automatically do it.
I'd like to hear from the guy that bought it.

sleepsontoilet said:
I was expecting 2k, not $3200. Jesse Haines, JESSE HAINES AUSTRALIA CAR, and Dave Wong all run the fancy cbr with 3x9 rams on their portal crawlers. It gives the perfect amount of throw for the steering Jesse designed, that's why I want to run them. I appreciate the experience, as I know over one person with an electric system and he sold it years ago.

Fixed your car quote hahahahaha!!

If your trying to copy Jesse's steering you probably should.. to the "t", then you will get the same performance he's getting. Jesse most likely has that system down to as cheap as possible, he is a penny pinching mofo haha. If his is to expensive find Graham Tydeman of gfab, he's a zuki guy and put together a pretty good working system on his little zuk buggyish car. Are you in the south? it would be cool to get more of you guys into cone dodging! lol nationals would be way more fun!

POR said:
Fixed your car quote hahahahaha!!

If your trying to copy Jesse's steering you probably should.. to the "t", then you will get the same performance he's getting. Jesse most likely has that system down to as cheap as possible, he is a penny pinching mofo haha. If his is to expensive find Graham Tydeman of gfab, he's a zuki guy and put together a pretty good working system on his little zuk buggyish car. Are you in the south? it would be cool to get more of you guys into cone dodging! lol nationals would be way more fun!
Houston, TX

I had to sell my last Zuk for an overnight custody situation, so I'm trying to build this one better. Luckily there weren't any comps close to Texas this year. I've spoken with Jesse and he thinks I'd be ok with one regular pump, it just may be slower than his.

KRC revolution pump ($700), rear steer valve came from surplus center ($119), and the steering ram (2.5 x 9)came from kickass offroad ($250). Up front I'm running another KRC revolution pump ($700), M&S orbital ($250) and another Kickass Offroad orbital ($250). Honestly if you are on a budget, run 2 stock pumps. I have done this on several customer's vehicles who were on a budget and they worked just fine.

fl-krawler said:
KRC revolution pump ($700), rear steer valve came from surplus center ($119), and the steering ram (2.5 x 9)came from kickass offroad ($250). Up front I'm running another KRC revolution pump ($700), M&S orbital ($250) and another Kickass Offroad orbital ($250). Honestly if you are on a budget, run 2 stock pumps. I have done this on several customer's vehicles who were on a budget and they worked just fine.

Did you run one reservoir for both pumps, or one for each pump? I snagged a Howe TC for $180 and a PSC TC for $100. Trying to find a stock TC pulley that's 6" or bigger since Howe wants $115 for their 6.5" pulley.

I have bbc with 2 psc tc pumps with 2 psc reservoirs and stazworks rear steer kit with 4,5 pulley for rear and 5 in for front works amazing I believe I have about 2k in my rear steer but its super fast. of and running 2 surplus center 2.5x10 in DE rams.

sleepsontoilet said:
Did you run one reservoir for both pumps, or one for each pump? I snagged a Howe TC for $180 and a PSC TC for $100. Trying to find a stock TC pulley that's 6" or bigger since Howe wants $115 for their 6.5" pulley.

If packaging will allow a single reservoir I go that route. (like if both pumps are on the same side of the engine). I usually build my own tanks, and use a radiator cap for a filler. No worries about dumping fluid in a roll from the vent, and it keeps a small amount of pressure contained in the system, which seems to keep the pumps happier

Bebop said:

Do that and get Gregg to Sticky it and the winch tech. We need more tech and cheap tech ;D

Look into a fururon,or autopilot pump there rear small they work awesome and u can add a rudder feed back and it will tell u were the rear tires r facing

EddieHall said:
Look into a fururon,or autopilot pump there rear small they work awesome and u can add a rudder feed back and it will tell u were the rear tires r facing

Have you used one on a crawler?

Everything I found wouldn't make enough pressure to turn tires in rocks and don't flow enough to make up for it with a big cylinder.

fl-krawler said:
If packaging will allow a single reservoir I go that route. (like if both pumps are on the same side of the engine). I usually build my own tanks, and use a radiator cap for a filler. No worries about dumping fluid in a roll from the vent, and it keeps a small amount of pressure contained in the system, which seems to keep the pumps happier
One on each side, so most likely need two. Just not looking forward to $450 worth of reservoirs on top of $230 worth of pulleys, etc. I appreciate all of the advice.

Sorry tbitoy I'm using 1 on my 14 bolt rear ,I'll let u no how it works .I have a 65 ft 52ton boat with 30x24 rudders,i can turn hard over either way going 18 knots without any kick back I had a single ram on the system I'm now running 2 rams a little slower 3 seconds center to 32 degrees over it was 1-2 seconds over