• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear steer valve ?

Rockwells607

Lady Luck buggy has rockwells with rear steer that I home brewed , actually I reused the system I had in my Rockwelled wrangler. It has a log splitter valve with a power steering pump running it and for the most part it works great . Strong and fast. Problem I have is that it appears to only have pressure one way all the time so it lets the wheels float when you are going fast . Like driving in the road or down an access trail. I'm not a hydraulics guru but I would assume I need a valve that hs back pressure both ways or something ? Anyone know what I need or where I can get one? I rather stick with the same Setup just swap the valves so I don't hafta redo the dash and hoses etc. it's just sorta a pep pieve thing . If it involves major redo on the system I'll just leave it

Yep other than swapping out rear steer orbital everything I've read with other people having the same issue they just installed check valves and rocked out Probably be much cheaper and less hassle then swapping out everything Her backflip looked interesting in pic haven't seen a video yet

I have the same problem and it sounds like that pilot operated check valve would be a good fix. Anyone running one currently? Does it just need a simple on off switch?

No switches... Pilot operated means it is operated hydraulically

After plumbing them in you operate the valve exactly the same as always except the cylinder no longer floats... It stays exactly wherever you leave it.