• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rear Steered RC TTC Bronco Build

71_burton

This is my first post here on this great site. First off I'd like to intruduce myself. I've been into rock crawling for about 5 or 6 years now, I am 14 years old and my dad and I Crawl with a CJ6, 42's, 1 tons, LT1, nothing special but its loads of fun for me. I have been building Rc crawlers now for about 3 years.

WIth this build I will be building up a Top Truck Challenge Bronco. Front and Rear steering, full tube chassis, Big 5.7'' 2.2 TSL Boggers, Built Wheely king axles with Aluminum Knuckles and Hubs, Aluminum servo mounts, aluminum 4 link mounts, Custom aluminum shock and link mounts, MIP CVD's, Hardened steel Axial Gears. The Transmission will be an Axial Transmission with 32p gears. The motor will be a Holmes Hobbies torquemaster pro and will most likely be upgraded to a big brushless Tekin motor. It will be ran on 11.1v 3s Lipo.

Here are my axles.
100_6473.jpg

Heres the start of my chassis and cage work. I should have it finished by this Saturday. I have been welding it and the tubing is 3/16 Brakeline.
100_6483.jpg

100_6484.jpg

A scaler forsure. There loads of fun. Probably a Axial SCX10 Honcho. I've got one there a blast and very fun and tough. Just about the best all around. :dblthumb:

You can go to rccrawler.com/forum to get all of the info you need.

Thanks fella's. :)

Here's everything mocked up. I should have chassis, and links made by sunday. Don't mind this old body its just an old beater I got off a buddy so I could build around. This should be the Wheelbase I should have 13 1/4'' Inches. I still can't decide if I'm just gonna run a full body with tube fenders or If I should cut it off from the doors back and make a dove tail out of it?

Here's the pics.

100_6489.jpg

100_6494.jpg

Run the beater body, Shinny rigs are glorified trailer queens. I have found many times crawling around rocks and ledges with my RC, that they work very similar to my full size buggy. Stay in the sport and you will find it to have some of the best people around.

Thanks guys!

I'm pretty sure i'm going to run that beater body as I'm fixing to cut the hood and fenders out of it so that is all I will be using from it. I don't have any updates. I was planning on getting the chassis finished by this weekend but I had to work and I couldn't get any done. I'm going to call the Local Hobby Shop and see if they have any Traxxas Revo rod ends, and then I will be off to the parts store to get some 8x32 Threaded Rod and some 1/4'' Brakeline so I can make my link bars.

Its forsure these things handle like a real buggy. On my SCX10 I've got it setup as a trail rig. It has 4 link in the rear 3 link in the front, RC4wd Rok lox, Side winder ESC, DX3E, 3s lipo, all that good stuff and a 3racing winch. I'm pretty sure that this TTC Bronco is gonna take the place of my SCX10. With the bigger tires, Rear steer, Full tube chassis, It will for sure NOT be a shelf queen.

Hey buddy,
My name is Bill Hilliard (2010TTC Bronco). I don't know exactly what TTC Bronco you are building, but own the green tube chassis bronco on 54" Boggers w/ front and rear steer from the 2010 TTC. If mine is the one you are building I would be glad to send you some pictures of everything. You can email me at [email protected] or contact me 662-419-3294. Either way you have a nice looking rig, I have built a few myself and used to race them.

bill#89 said:
Hey buddy,
My name is Bill Hilliard (2010TTC Bronco). I don't know exactly what TTC Bronco you are building, but own the green tube chassis bronco on 54" Boggers w/ front and rear steer from the 2010 TTC. If mine is the one you are building I would be glad to send you some pictures of everything. You can email me at [email protected] or contact me 662-419-3294. Either way you have a nice looking rig, I have built a few myself and used to race them.

When I had gotten the urge to build this rig I searched the internet all day and I told myself the first rig i seen that I fell in love with that would be the one I would use as my inspiration. Yours was the rig. I didn't want to build it exactly like it just because I wanted it to be a One off chassis but I wanted as close as I can get and with the Boggers that is going on this bronco it should be pretty close. Thanks it means alot. :dblthumb:

Awesome! You will have to keep me posted on the build. I did the same thing, I was looking through pirate 4x4 and seen the bronco. I fell in the love with and then bought it 2 weeks later. I'm actually getting it rebuilt now. It will look the same but I'm painting the body orange to match my 74 bronco. And I'm putting MRW ed double beadlocks on it . Keep me posted!!!