• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rebuilding dana 300

RUBITANk

Has anyone done one on here? I have the full rebuild kit, I flipped mine with twinsticked cables, and also want to add a sight tube. Anyone have any good info/tips? Or want to help me rebuild it? And drink some beers?
Thanks

It's super easy. Just remember to pack the counter shaft needle bearings with grease to keep them in place when you go back together. Download some 4 to 1 installation instructions if you need help getting the thing apart.

Instead of grease, you should use an assembly lube to hold the needles in place. Grease doesn't melt out, starving the needle bearings for lube. Petroleum jelly (Vaseline) works, too. You have to have a dial indicator and base to get the end play set correctly on the output yokes. Need a torque wrench that goes to 250(?) ft/lbs. I have a couple of sets of instructions, Factory manual and the Jeep Rebuilder's Bible. The Novak kit has good instructions, too. If you need the instructions, I can take pics and post them.

thanks guys i am in the middle of disassembley right now... looks pretty simple so far, i just gotta press the bearing off now...