• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

recentering rims

what do you actually need?? I am confused, recentering the center peice?? :wtf:

I have done rims from raw peices and there easy, any offset you want. :;

Dude said:

how about re-centering hummer b.locks, I'll need some for my 60 project...

XJOE said:
how about re-centering hummer b.locks, I'll need some for my 60 project...
those are easy to do, were ya at??

I would have to do it in Everette, don't worry, I'm a professional. :D

Dude said:
those are easy to do, were ya at??

I would have to do it in Everette, don't worry, I'm a professional. :D
Port orchard. Just starting to gather parts, so it will be a little while. I have a source or two on line, but I always try to do stuff locally if possible.

XJOE said:
Port orchard. Just starting to gather parts, so it will be a little while. I have a source or two on line, but I always try to do stuff locally if possible.
well let me know, it won't be cheap, but not an arm and a leg either. :;

Dude said:

I just need the center piece changed to a different bolt pattern. I'm installing a hp44 in place of the dana 30 and need a new bolt pattern. I just built the beadlocks this winter, so I'm hoping to keep them, and just change the pattern.

jeepin_coug said:
I just need the center piece changed to a different bolt pattern. I'm installing a hp44 in place of the dana 30 and need a new bolt pattern. I just built the beadlocks this winter, so I'm hoping to keep them, and just change the pattern.
5x4.5 to 6 bolt? or 5x5.5? or ?

So you need a new center welded in? or a redrill?, if you can redrill the rims then find somebody with a mill and a rotary table fixture, Trail Ready might be your best bet.

If you can find a rim that has the center you need and it is a steel rim then I could change out the centers. It would be a full day job and it wouldn't be cheap. I am at a regular welding shop rate at $75 an hour, anybody cheaper doesn't put out the real nice work or works for free.

Dude said:
5x4.5 to 6 bolt? or 5x5.5? or ?

So you need a new center welded in? or a redrill?, if you can redrill the rims then find somebody with a mill and a rotary table fixture, Trail Ready might be your best bet.

If you can find a rim that has the center you need and it is a steel rim then I could change out the centers. It would be a full day job and it wouldn't be cheap. I am at a regular welding shop rate at $75 an hour, anybody cheaper doesn't put out the real nice work or works for free.

I'm going from 5x4.5 to 6 lug so I would need whole new centers. I couldn't just redrill mine.

jeepin_coug said:
I'm going from 5x4.5 to 6 lug so I would need whole new centers. I couldn't just redrill mine.
I can have all new centers Lazar cut. but it would be a flat faced solid center made of 1/4" CR. Holes would be optional and of course cost extra.

personally, I would sell the ones you have and start over. Your going to be into these wheels way over what you should be, your choice man. :;

Dude said:
I can have all new centers Lazar cut. but it would be a flat faced solid center made of 1/4" CR. Holes would be optional and of course cost extra.

personally, I would sell the ones you have and start over. Your going to be into these wheels way over what you should be, your choice man. :;

I think I'm going to talk to Stockton Wheels and see if I can get new centers, make a jig and weld them in myself. I was curious if anyone knew of a place that did it, but looks like it's easier to do it myself.

anyone know of a local place the sells steel wheel centers?

jeepin_coug said:
I think I'm going to talk to Stockton Wheels and see if I can get new centers, make a jig and weld them in myself.

all you need is a really flat steel surface and some really good true dimensional blocks to put under the wheel center to stage up your spacing.

then you have to make up "half clamps" from some "C" clamps to clamp down the center during the welding process.

more to it than ya think, unless it is a trailer queen and never see's anything above 20mph.

Latest posts