• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Recommended Max Tire Size for stock WB TJ

Okay guys so tell me your alls honest opinion. And yes I already know I am CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!

I am being told no that the only way to put the 39X13.50 IROK's on my Jeep is to stretch it out. And yes maybe it might add a little more stability but I have never had issues with that. So can I run them on my TJ?? Or should I stay at 35 or 36" tires?

Nuzzy pretty much took the word's right out of my mouth, if you can keep the cg low enough, still have the ability to turn fully, and can stay semi narrow the sky is the limit on tire size. I would say a 39 is a good choice given you're axle width, the larger the tire the easier it consumes the same terrain. If a guy could run a 49" irok, still turn 40 degrees, low and only be 80" wide I would say go for it. In your case I would say it's the better choice to go 39.

my YJ had a 4" stretch and 35s. It was nice and stable but I personally wanted it to be stretched further. Nows it 105" with 42s.

So your saying that for you 39" tall tires wouldn't work on the stock wheelbase? Not trying to put words in your mouth.

Nuzzy pretty much took the word's right out of my mouth, if you can keep the cg low enough, still have the ability to turn fully, and can stay semi narrow the sky is the limit on tire size. I would say a 39 is a good choice given you're axle width, the larger the tire the easier it consumes the same terrain. If a guy could run a 49" irok, still turn 40 degrees, low and only be 80" wide I would say go for it. In your case I would say it's the better choice to go 39.

And this is what I have got to go measure up and see. If I can cut and trim a little then I think I see 39's on my rig. I am a little worried about turning radius but I need new rims so I can set the BS to fit. I wanted to go with 5" of BS but with larger tires I may need to go with 3" of BS.

Wildman, if you go bigger than 37's, you'l' turn your axles into scrap metal just getting off the trailer.

:flipoff:

I think you should go for it. I've ridden in Spencer's rig and it feels fine, very stable... 38.5's is only 1/2" off from 39's, and in the grand scheme of things, especially tires, that's not really any difference at all.

I would definitely say that you should consider any and all options for fitting them under your rig at the height it sits now, vs. raising it up any further to fit the tires. You'll probably rub on the steering box and control arms unless you really push the tires out backspacing wise, but that's what steering stops are for. :D

What size tire is the max for a stock WB TJ?
Edumicate me plezzze!!
You know 94" WB.

For A 94" WB I would go 94" max tires or they will hit each other.:haha: .................
It's a loaded question. Depends on what you build it for. There's no majic number and nobody can say "such is the max tire you should run on a TJ........"

For A 94" WB I would go 94" max tires or they will hit each other.:haha: .................
It's a loaded question. Depends on what you build it for. There's no majic number and nobody can say "such is the max tire you should run on a TJ........"

HAHAHAHAHAHA :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: ................. You funny guy :fawkdancesmiley:

How is it loaded? Okay it isn't a Mall Crawler like Karl's it is a trail rig made to run the trails in the PNW DUH where we live right???

How is it loaded? Okay it isn't a Mall Crawler like Karl's it is a trail rig made to run the trails in the PNW DUH where we live right???

OK my opinion. If you never run it in snow and ice then go with 39" BFG stickies. They will give you far better traction than any other tire. If it's for snow/ ice then maybe a 42" IROC or the like....

If you go bigger than 37's you will have to cut major pita panels out. That is all.