• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter foothills

In a perfect world, Reiter would have never been closed. We have no time to talk about a perfect world.......or atleast, it's a waste of time.

Pay for special services? You just took it from public park to private area. These are 2 very different things. The 2 will never meet.

As far as I know, Reiter Foothills ORV park will be a public recreation area. And if there are passes needed at the park, these passes will be similar to a FS pass......a parking pass, not a use pass. Would anyone like to confirm or elaborate this?
kind of depends if parks takes over the parking and camp ground

I would like to see:

*Open Sat and Sun (and holidays) only. Open from dusk till dawn (just like certain city Parks and other Recreation areas).

I dont think this would really be a good deal. I myself (and lots of others) like to go up a day or two ahead to get a good camp spot (if there is camping). With it being open only weekends you would not be able to do so. Plus by only being open on weekends you would have all those who want to wheel it there at the same time. If it was open during the week then some will wheel it then and it would not be over crowded every weekend.

I dont think this would really be a good deal. I myself (and lots of others) like to go up a day or two ahead to get a good camp spot (if there is camping). With it being open only weekends you would not be able to do so. Plus by only being open on weekends you would have all those who want to wheel it there at the same time. If it was open during the week then some will wheel it then and it would not be over crowded every weekend.

Um no......it wouldn't.

The recreation management plan is in the works. We can all discuss our likes and dislikes when the plan is released for public review.

Well I know Im new but I would be happy to donate my time. I also have a arctic cat and small trailer I can bring along with me also my toyota can be used to haul little stuff to and from although I thing the diesel will be a MUCH better hualer. I just need times and directions since I am new to the area and Im sure I can get some friends to come and help. Just let me know and if I am available I will help as best I can.

Well I know Im new but I would be happy to donate my time. I also have a arctic cat and small trailer I can bring along with me also my toyota can be used to haul little stuff to and from although I thing the diesel will be a MUCH better hualer. I just need times and directions since I am new to the area and Im sure I can get some friends to come and help. Just let me know and if I am available I will help as best I can.

Looks like your next opportunity is tomorrow...you should contact David Way & get your name added to the email distribution list.

August 13, 2010

Sunday August 15 Work Party Revised!

Our next regular work party is set for Sunday August 15. The scope of work for Sunday has shifted. We plan to work on flagging a proposed route in the 4x4 area and flagging perimeters of possible motorcycle trials riding areas to better define them. There will be no work this weekend on making proposed routes more easily accessible or clearing brush, so no tools are needed.
As mentioned in the update earlier this week, we always need photos of Reiter work projects. If you bring a camera and get good photos, send a couple of them to David Way. His name and contact information are listed below. DNR will use these photos in a number of ways, including on our website, in our blogs, and for presentations during legislative session. We will be sure to give credit to the photographers who took them.

Work parties start at 9:30 a.m. and go until 3 p.m. or until we run out of projects for the day. Meet at the Reiter gravel parking area outside of Gold Bar on Reiter Road.
Get involved!

If you

Also can I show up for part of it I had made plans with friends in the afternoon and I dont want to dip out on them

Also can I show up for part of it I had made plans with friends in the afternoon and I dont want to dip out on them

Yes you can. It is best if you are there at 9:30am in the lower gravel lot when we start so you get the orientation and know where we will be. Otherwise you may not be able to get past the locked gate without calling someone.

Charlie (Nowires) is leading the 4x4 portion of the work party tomorrow and I will be leading a crew to the Dirtbike trails.

Work parties are always 1st Saturday and 3rd Sunday.

Im sorry guys I might not make it I had to take care of a friend last night and still have to get her back to her car. She had alittle to much drinky drink :beer::beer::beer::puke:. I will make sure not to make plans for the next one though.

Last edited:
reiter

So quickly, I ve been gone for awile. What is up with Reiter pit now. I am sorry, but been out of the state and out of the loop. Thanks