• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter foothills

nowires

So with the possable up and coming ORV park status at reiter we are working torwards compiling a list of donateable or close to donateable resources.

As everybody knows the final plan has not been released for public consumption but we are trying to be pro-active and get a head start.
Engineering in structural and soils
Media and marketing knowledge
ATVs with trailers
Landscaping dump trucks and bigger
small garden tractors
Skidsteers
Dozers
track hoes
flat bed trailers for hauling supplies
Sign makers
I am sure that I have missed something so if you think of something that can help. Go ahead and send me the info to Here

Last edited:
I'm a surface water drainage design engineer. A little bit of structural engineering with that, but no bridge design. Primarily watershed analysis and conveyance design. Some soil engineering as well, depending on what you're looking for.

I can also do high-accuracy survey work for mapping and/or construction, but I'm not licensed so anything I do isn't legally binding with regard to property boundaries.

edit: If legally-binding survey work is needed, I think ISH (is he still around?) is a licensed surveyor.

Last edited:
If there is a need for an engineer to do bridge work, I know someone however I will have to see if he is interested in time donation. It is a possibility.

I would offer up my time and rig for the cause.

Every one kind of know what I am doing by now at Reiter foothills
So one of the next steps is compiling a list of what resources that is available. This is from professional degrees to equipment
Engineering in structural and soils
Media and marketing knowledge
ATVs with trailers
Landscaping dump trucks and bigger
small garden tractors
Skidsteers
Dozers
track hoes
flat bed trailers for hauling supplies
Sign makers
I am sure that I have missed something so if you think of something that can help. Go ahead and send me the info to Here

There was someone who was willing to donate their engineering skills on the other thread you started Charlie....I'll see if I can find it...
EDIT: Here it is...
http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41344
Toyolet told stealthrunner he'd be willing to donate Engineering, and Shifty may be able to come up with materials/possibly labor...:awesomework:

Last edited:
i know someone who has equipment to make heavyduty vinyl stickers
you already know you have access to my rig ass a skidder
4x8 trailer
i am experianced in heavy equipment operation IE KABOTA,BOBCAT,MiNI ANd full size track ho, i worked for a couple years doing it but its been a while
one of my buddies is a licenced arborist
:awesomework:

Last edited:
PM you my number call me
Just answer here.

I have a sneaky suspicion that short of bulk materials (rock, heavy timbers etc), anything that is needed, *someone* on this board has access to, knows someone, or has a buddy that would do it for a sweat deal.

I have a few resources at my disposal, but I will not volunteer them randomly at this time as I don't know the availability of them at what ever time comes up. However, if someone asks, and its available... more often than not something can be arranged.

Not a answer that your looking for, and I understand the tract your on. But *I* think you need to make a plan, then ask for input and resorces that people are willing to donate, then modify the plan as necessary to make best use of whats offered or do without things that are not available (easily).

my $.02

cheers to working on a new trail, but in reality, you probably should have kept it more of a secrete until more details are worked out and the thing is more of a guaranteed reality.

Also be nice if you shared the DNR's build requirements. Better explain what it going on, what is being put into it, and why the frig they think it should cost so much and be so much effort to blase a new trail (guys have been doing that for decades at reiter, with little to no monetary input, if the DNR gave guidance as to what needs to be addressed, then took a 1-week coffee break, the trail would be done, and meet their guidelines)

I just wanted to throw my hand in the pot. I'm not working right now just living off side jobs and would like to offer up at the very least my time working. Anytime time of the week day or night, if you need somebody to come walk trails with you, marking possibilities. . . . dont really know exactly what is all entailed with something like this, but I have been building trails on family property for a long time and would love to be a part of making reiter a better place for all parties considered!!!!

Also I dont know if drainage or anything along those lines is gonna be an issue, but I can get any underground plumbing thing needed. Pumps, pipe, any type of fittings, you name it and all of it would be either free or damn near free:awesomework:

Pm me and maybe we can work something out I am going to reiter for this upcoming weekend

Guess you guys know what i can due with what i have including RubyDoo and that 4 wheeled trailer i have, and other stuff i have and use.

My time i will volunteer of course, but i also have an "in" at sunbelt rentals and any and i mean any kind of equipment we need i can get for CHEAP! And of course i will offer up my tow rig and traler for any sort of hauling that is needed at any point.

And if any welding is needed anywhere im a WABO certified stick welder and dual shield MIG welder

I have to ask why this is even a question?

Someone is putting in a lot to time and effort to assist in making something "maybe" happen and the only qualification I care about is that they have the time and the ear of DNR and I have seen first hand that NoWires has the ear of David from DNR and he is making the time, so I feel he is very qualified for what he is doing.

Yea, I know this is not the answer you were or are looking for, but what more is needed in this case?

I agree!! Charlie is doing alot for everyone at reiter!! I saw him and chatted with him this weekend! if there were more like him we wouldn't have half the problems we are having now! Reiter is narley and I fell in love last weekend!! Other then grant rolling his rig. But i got him back on his wheels in less then 30 min and he drove right on out! i Can't wait to go back!!:awesomework:

good work out there NOWIRES!!!:awesomework:

I've known Charlie for a little while and find him to be a great guy that will go out of his way to help anyone. As for his qualifications, I have no clue what they are....however for me that doesnt matter as it seems he is the only person who has the time and desire to do whatever is necessary to help the cause and that is good enough for me. Since Im currently out of state and cant participate in the clean-ups, the meetings or just about anything else thats going on but want to do what I can to help, Ive purchased and donated a new GPS that Charlie needed to map out new terrain for possible new trails. I look forward to see what is in store for us in the future.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank not only Charlie, but Mike Kash, Kat and everyone else that do so much for all of us that use Rieters Pit.

Bill Schultz.

Well, hopefully that settles things and we can get back to answering Charlie's original request for help, which BTW is a very common thing done through out the country and even this state. Somehow a few people always seem to try and derail these efforts, thanks Crash for moderating that.

Wow a day away from the computer and all hell breaks loose. I guess the easiest way to clear all of this up about who I am and how involved I am. I spend at least 30 hr a week on Reiter foothills right now, 1 day with DNR 2 days walking, hours at home going over the data and I hope I can get one day of wheelin, but most of the time I end up hiking somewhere that day. I have invested a lot of money in programs and equipment to make the job easier. Money and Boosted have helped tremendously with the cost
How did I get appointed to the job? Well I just started doing it and no one stopped me
The question was, Why should I follow him? Don

Hi All:

Charlie, do you know of anyplace in Snohomish County where we could rent a small dump truck? We might have to go this route.

-Alan

Still really need small dump trucks for the creek crossing on TA