• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter foothills

Which is sad, because if we were leasing land and paying for resource damage, these videos would be a moot point.

Our sport does damage. 'nuff said. So does cutting down trees to create a hiking trail system.. or a ski area. or (name your recreational activity here)

We need to be vigilant about rhetoric like this and show DNR that a) this is what we want b) we want to make the place sustainable by reimbursing them, and c) educate users so only designated corridors get damaged.

D.... take responcability for past damage and make it right

Which is sad, because if we were leasing land and paying for resource damage, these videos would be a moot point.

Our sport does damage. 'nuff said. So does cutting down trees to create a hiking trail system.. or a ski area. or (name your recreational activity here)

We need to be vigilant about rhetoric like this and show DNR that a) this is what we want b) we want to make the place sustainable by reimbursing them, and c) educate users so only designated corridors get damaged.

Read the article(page 12) it addresses your last point at the end. :booo:

My point of post this was to collaborate what Charlie was saying. They are watching and there watching everything we say and do. And now your hinting of a "off road rebellion" of sorts using possible illegal actions to further your cause:eeek:

And just because you are willing to keep damage to a specific trail corridor and pay for the trees damaged, It likely will not give this group the warm and fuzzys about you. They seem intent that ANY damage is too much. I'm sure they are equally upset when an area is logged.

And now your hinting of a "off road rebellion" of sorts using possible illegal actions to further your cause:eeek:

Not at Reiter.:; Charlie (and the DNR and the trail designers) and others, have a plan for Reiter than involve all the political aspects that you are used to.

Different actions will take place at different ORV areas. Some lead by different leaders, some more severe than others.

They seem intent that ANY damage is too much.

You're probably right. But we're not coddling to those ideals. We want to find a compromise.

Last edited:
So here is where we are at on the Reiter project. Everyone has been asking for a time line, What is the next step, When is it going to open
Here is where we are at
Trail corridor is in
Final trail location is going to happen in the next couple weeks
Designing of trail features and location of them on the trail system
Work on SEPA check list
Apply for permits
Find money
Build trails

Other things that need done
Operations manual for Reiter foothills recreation facility
Security of Reiter
We are having more and more partying in the area I am not finding any 4x4 tracks on the trails but I am finding more bottles and shells around the area. From what I have seen and talked to the people that I have came across is most of them have no clue of what Reiter use to be or what is going on. They just found a spot to party. If anyone is in the area and sees something. Just call 911 and report it

WE NEED TO GET MORE PEOPLE IN THE AREA FOR IT STAYS SAFE​
Even 15 minutes up there will make a differance

Other things that need done
Operations manual for Reiter foothills recreation facility
Let me know what this entails, I can probably print and bind this as a donation if it is not a huge cost to me as I am not flush with $$.

Let me know what this entails, I can probably print and bind this as a donation if it is not a huge cost to me as I am not flush with $$.

Wow cool thanks for the donate
I think we need to come up with what rules "we" as ORV users are willing to play by
Days open
hours of opperation
sediment problems
trail closers for work or sediment problems
accountablility

Wow cool thanks for the donate
I think we need to come up with what rules "we" as ORV users are willing to play by
Days open
hours of operation
sediment problems
trail closers for work or sediment problems
accountability

I would like to see:

*Open Sat and Sun (and holidays) only. Open from dusk till dawn (just like certain city Parks and other Recreation areas)

*The DNR is accountable for environment issues and along side of the DNR, volunteers will be the organizers of work needed. The DNR is also responsible for bringing up (possible) over looked issues, by ORV users, brought to light. e.i. a letter of complaint. We will also do the planning of certain needed trail closures and coordinate it through the DNR.

Last edited:
In a perfect world, I would not like to see any limitations on days, or hrs.

What about Sat., and Sun., and hollidays for the general public, and then some kind of yearly "open always" pass for those willing to pay.

O.K., I'll put the pipe down now.:D

What about Sat., and Sun., and hollidays for the general public, and then some kind of yearly "open always" pass for those willing to pay.

I do like that idea:awesomework:

What about Sat., and Sun., and holidays for the general public, and then some kind of yearly "open always" pass for those willing to pay.

In a perfect world, Reiter would have never been closed. We have no time to talk about a perfect world.......or atleast, it's a waste of time.

Pay for special services? You just took it from public park to private area. These are 2 very different things. The 2 will never meet.

As far as I know, Reiter Foothills ORV park will be a public recreation area. And if there are passes needed at the park, these passes will be similar to a FS pass......a parking pass, not a use pass. Would anyone like to confirm or elaborate on this?